The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Worthless out of balance Holset turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I personally feed from the head with over 10k on my used hx40. I have no balance shafts and pluged oil squirters and a 3/4" oil drain. My oil line from th head will fill a 12oz bottle in less than 10 sec at idle. I am not sure on the pressure but I know the volume is there. I am going to accually be considering moving mine to the OFH because this year I will be running 9k so I am a little more concernd.

Aaron, the type of information we're now getting into is why I kept this thread open, against your recommendation of deleting it. Some of the information Justin has been going over is actually starting to answer (and raise) some questions regarding my own turbo oiling issues. Justin, I'll probably end up PM'ing you about them later. :)

Let's keep the good discussion going.

Thank you!

One thing to note as to WHY a holset needs a larger rain and consequently more volume. It has a much larger shaft than an mhi turbo. Would this not require much more volume flow to keap the shaft floating?

The bigger question is "why ask why?" The requirements were clearly spelled out countless times. . . No one could research an install of a holset turbo and not see this information.

Thread cleaned up a bit.

OP, you tread thin ice when you insult this forum, but seem to ask for help. If this is just a bi***-session against Holset, then you need to take it somewhere else. If you actually want insight on your problem, then you need to re-examine how you're approaching the people you're asking for help. There's no question in your first post, so unless you want to ask one in this TECH FORUM, I'll consider this thread a waste of space and take care of it for you.

That is bull. The original poster is the one being attacked by your "wisemen" who are questioning his intelligence and that of his repairman. This is a dramatically pro-Holset crowd in here who want to cover any instance that a Holset turbo is failing. Basically, they are finding everything they can to prove that he is wrong instead of substantive discussion on his issue. There is no need to threaten him for fighting back from people who are stopping short of calling him an idiot. A moderator is supposed to be an impartial ref not a cheerleader.

Aaron, ditch the turbo and get something else if you are having issues.

That is bull. The original poster is the one being attacked by your "wisemen" who are questioning his intelligence and that of his repairman. This is a dramatically pro-Holset crowd in here who want to cover any instance that a Holset turbo is failing. Basically, they are finding everything they can to prove that he is wrong instead of substantive discussion on his issue. There is no need to threaten him for fighting back from people who are stopping short of calling him an idiot. A moderator is supposed to be an impartial ref not a cheerleader.

Aaron, ditch the turbo and get something else if you are having issues.

After everyone calmed down and everyone got the whole story, it wasnt the turbos fault and he was having oiling issues with the turbo. We all were getting good info off this thread and then you have to come along and stir the pot again, let it go and you run the turbo that you have and let him run the holset and at least let him get a sense of how they are when they are working properly with the oil pressure in check and a larger drain line

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back