The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Worth Fixing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dareisstupid

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2006
prairie du chien, Wisconsin
I got a 90 laser rs turbo. I just got a big 16g, redid head, new axle, new front cover, gauges, and a boost controller. and ever since I put the hew head on it won't start. I have spent hours searching on here for the answer. And nothing works. It has a perfect body. Just repainted.(its on my profile) And no rust on anything. I know the motor has low compression. Some thing like 100 to 110. So the question is should I part it out and use the money I get for a cheap awd, or rebuild the motor, or just get a new motor?

When was the head done? Maybe the head gaskets bad or timing is off. You don't necessarily need a new motor. Just some head work at most. few hundred bucks and you could be running like new. Whats it done when you try to start it anyway? Just crank, do you smell any fuel. You check for spark and all that. Could be a million things. But your compression is deff low. When I rebuilt my head a couple weeks ago my compression was 180 across the board.

The timing is good. I could time a dsm with my eye closed, I have done it so many times. The head gasket is new and i had to use a shim. Those are on right. Cam angle is close to where it was before. It cranks, has fuel, has spark, and I have checked everything that the forums said too. I am getting it back from the shop i a few days. He couldn't fix it either. What i don't get is that it ran great before I bent the valves. and now nothing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back