The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

worst case scenario? now what

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oren hughbanks

Proven Member
Aug 4, 2014
prescott valley, Arizona
So my talon started running like dirt, acting like it had fuel cut and would break up on anything more than 10lbs of boost. So I figured I would look at my plugs as I diagnose this issue and here is what I found! Da fuq?? I'm not sure what could cause this, possibly a defective plug or too Much boost? Maybe lots of knock? Been keeping an eye on my AFR and it has been well within safe zone and haven't noticed it pulling timing.

So now what do I do? Been driving it like that since yesterday afternoon so could the damage be done already?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What is he supposed to be checking the oil filter for?
particles that could have made there way to the filter? so you cut it open? you never no , its something you do in break ins so why not check and see since ceramic dust could have made it to the filter or to find out where that electrode went

Last edited:
I switched to the bpr7, and it made a good difference. Is there any way to monitor knock better since I don't have link?

Buy a datalogger setup.[DOUBLEPOST=1413845569][/DOUBLEPOST]
particles that could have made there way to the filter? so you cut it open? you never no , its something you do in break ins so why not check and see since ceramic dust could have made it to the filter or to find out where that electrode went

If you have pieces from the combustion chamber making it into the oil filter than you have a way bigger problem.

In the mean time set your cas to like 0* instead of 5*. I would also cinsider going to a colder non projected plugs. I would try like a BR8ES instead of the BPR6ES your probably running.

Both of these will help reduce knock.

+1. Go non projected. (same p/n as bastard pointed out, sans the "P") Good call

Update! Picked up a set of BR8s and got them put in this weekend. Seems to run just fine on them, idles smoothly, and put my CAS back a few degrees, got it on 17lbs now . Thanks for the help guys, just curious why no one else normally runs the BR8s?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back