The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Works Throttle body shaft seal kit, work with dsm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSLENK

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2011
DC, Maryland
Im about to grab this seal kit. seems like a great deal compared to the STM price of $30 for seals and gasket.
I just want to be sure this will fit 1992 laser rs/t awd.

I thought we need 2 throttle body gaskets?

thanks

link:
WORKS

Those are the correct design seals, just not sure of the sizes.
Here is the link to the seal numbers you will need
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...3135-1990-throttle-body-seal-replacement.html

I found them at a local bearing and seal dealer for about $6 each.
You will probably have to use the new number, which turns out to be the measurements of the seals in order to find them. They are still available tho.

Anyone have ideas for the '90 TB seals? $12 would be great, as the place I found them will take a few weeks to get them to me...

I went ahead and splurged a bit. hit up STM, got the mil.spec ones packaged with TB gaskets for 30 and the egr block off. 48 shipped not too bad.

the evolutionm forums rave about the mil.spec, and works ones, they seem to be good for up to ~35 psi, way more than i should ever see for now. also they seem to like them better than the oem alternatives.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back