The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Working though a project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trappedDarkness

Probationary Member
Apr 1, 2010
Spring, Texas
We found the car in a field, after showing a little interest in it my grandparents decided to buy it for me and I've been working on it since. its a 95 Talon TSI when i first got it i was pretty sure it was going to need a bit of engine work but the body was in overall great shape. well at the time we didn't know it was a TSI i just saw a good body car that i knew i could fix. After a check of the basic check around i replaced the fuel pump and filters and a little wire repair. On start up it was a little depressing to hear the bad rod bearing but out the engine came. Had to get the head fixed up a little some valves, crank turned the rod fixed. all in all though it wasn't to expensive. thank god i work at a parts store. The engine is still on a stand in the garage for now as i put the final touches on the rebuild. I've stripped the interior out and I'm going to redo it bottom up. sound mat new carpet redo all the seats. probably going to paint the plastic's .. that's going to be a pain. if the adhesion promoter doesn't make it stick then the plastic safe paint stripper will return it all back to the stock color. Eventually after its running decently and been driving a wile I'm going to repaint it as well. To be honest at the moment the car appears to be stock despite the racing stickers on the rear bumper (that will be coming off) all I've seen so far is a muffler and it looks like its been lowered a little. As best i can tell the lower appears to have been a kit, i don't see cut springs or anything but i haven't looked into the rear much yet. There was turbo timer hanging there that you can see in the picture but i really have no idea if it works or was installed right. Gonna look into that when i get it going.

I just ordered a new flywheel and next check probably going to order the new clutch kit, then its just left needing mounts all around, starter, alt, axles and brakes. well past some more wire repair and vacuum tubing, other stupid little things like that.. Going to barrow the wheels and tires off the other car that's got a blown engine since it won't be worked on in a wile. least till i can get this one a matching set of wheels and some decent tires. I'm going to try and get some decent pics of it in the morning before i head to work.

these are right when we picked it up with it on the trailer still
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Look like you found decent car. A talon at that.Those are getting hard to find. Welcome to the DSM forum.Good look

Thanks, I've been a bit swamped lately so i haven't got to get those newer pics of the car i wanted. not that it looks much different. i have the bumper off to fix a split. The headlights are out as i try various restore products i have at the store to see how well i can get them to clean up. I did manage to get my new flywheel ordered the other day, its a nice aluminum one.

I'm going to need a new sunroof assembly it looks like. not only are my cables shot it looks like some of the plastic guides/sliders are broke. ... plastic ... really? -.- anyway so I'm sure when i start looking into that later its going to turn up with praying to the ebay gods for something decent. I'm going to try and swap wheels later for the good rubber they have on the other ones. But they are in bad shape, not sure what I'm going to try to use on them to clean them back up. when i can I'll post a pic of the damage and maybe some one else can help with ideas on how to clean them up.

Turtle wax has a great kit for fixing those funky lens. Autozone for 8 bucks. The wheels grab a can of engine degreaser let them set overnite then hose them off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back