The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDM95

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2007
amarillo, Texas
The other day i was sick so i called into work. so anyhow i had took a note from the dr that i was needing to be of for 2 days. When i went back to work they were like you have recived 6 points, and you can only have 14 points until you get fired so now i have 17 points. The thing is if you call in they give you 1 point and if you dont you get 3 points.
I was like WTF i called in both those days and have a dr note.
I asked my supervisor what his problem was giveing me all those points, He was like i am busy right now i cant talk now that was his excuse all week:beatentodeath: So friday he was like you called in 5mins late that is why. I told him what because i called in late where does it say if you call in late you will recive 3points, I am like this is what the book states if you dont call in you will recive 3pnts if you do call in you will only get 1point. He told me that is how it has always been in the 25yrs that he worked there, I am like what this is now owned by another company that purchased it only 3yrs ago mother foul mouth. It look like monday i might lose my job and if i do maybe even my house. What do you think i can do about this problem? Right before christmas too:cry:

If I am late, nothing happens.

I can't stand lame corporation policies. A point system? Give me a freakin break, quit on principle that they make you play childish games with numbers.

Talk to your boss's supervisor, or somebody at Human Resources.

where the hell do you work that uses such a ghey ass system like that?

maybe you can add extra flair to offset the point difference?

im so glad im out of that and on salary. hell, i come in a half hour late religiously, take extra time at lunch, and leave whenever i feel like im done for the day. the other day, i emailed my boss and HR and told them i would be leaving at 4pm (an hour early) and to deduct that hour from my vacation, my boss comes in and was like "you know what, dont even worry about it, were not going to deduct for that small of a time, just tell me you will make it up sometime down the road and well call it even".

Yea i dont think so^
So any how this is what happend, i told him i dont have time to play games what is his problem. So I am are you going to remove them points or am i going to the unemployment office today. Then i will get paid to stay home for 6months.
I was like your boss is not going to be to happy the company will have to pay me unemployment.
He was like no they dont I was like oh yea, lets look at what I have hmm dr notes for each of those times I did not come to work, I also have my phone records that state i called in each one of the dates on the dr notes. So after work i looked at my points and he took them off.

This stuff happened when I worked at autozone years back. You get 12 points and 2 weeks vacation in January. So people would take all of January off and have no vacation and 11 points.You could get away with 12 points, 13 and your gone. See what would happen is, people would play the system and get 11 or 11 1/2 points since they fall off every 90 days and year to date. One night there was a wreck on the interstate and 3 or more people were shitcanned. I dont know your personal reasons for calling off or if you tried to play the system, but they just want you to show up for work on time and everyday.

Unemployment sucks by the way, you only get ~60% of your pay. That's IF they grant it to you. You lose it if you break a big rule or company policy. And you dont get it if you quit. Plus you have to look for a job and have to PROVE it to unemployment that you are looking.

Yea i dont think so^
So any how this is what happend, i told him i dont have time to play games what is his problem. So I am are you going to remove them points or am i going to the unemployment office today. Then i will get paid to stay home for 6months.
I was like your boss is not going to be to happy the company will have to pay me unemployment.
He was like no they dont I was like oh yea, lets look at what I have hmm dr notes for each of those times I did not come to work, I also have my phone records that state i called in each one of the dates on the dr notes. So after work i looked at my point and he took them off.

I don't think you can collect unemployment if you quit yourself. You can if you get the axe.

Not very many people want to work in that sh!% hole. I think the only reason the ones that do work there is because they dont speak english,no diploma or ged. :toobad:I dont know what the heck i am doing working there. Just another 6 months of working there i hope, and navy or police here i come. :shhh:Hopefully i will be in shape by then.

I dont think I could work in a cubicle/office. I like my construction job where I can intentionally break stuff when I get angry,LOL.

Unemployment sucks by the way, you only get ~60% of your pay. That's IF they grant it to you. You lose it if you break a big rule or company policy. And you dont get it if you quit. Plus you have to look for a job and have to PROVE it to unemployment that you are looking.
It's not hard to make them think you are looking for a job. I've never been on unemployment but I know people who have. Hell, one person I know got fired, got unemployment, and moved to Hawaii for 3 months while "looking" for a job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back