1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Woohooo, Check out our new toy! (er...digital camera. haha)

Posted by femmeDSM, Feb 11, 2006

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
    Delivered today. Canon Digital SLR / EOS 20D
    8.2 mega pixels of (expensive) damn fine machinery...
    It's technically the boyfriend's, so I guess I've inherited the Nikon now.... :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

specs here: http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos20d/index.html

Highly recommended for anyone looking for a professional quality digital camera. This thing is a monster!

2. 98eclipseRS

98eclipseRS Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2003
    NORCAL, California
    I am green with envy right now I want that thnig so much.

501  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  3. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
    haha...isn't it sweet!? We can't stop playing with it.....I think we've filled up the CF card with hundreds of random pictures of our feet by now, trying out all of the nifty little features :rocks:

You should definitely get one. I've seen some decent deals on Ebay recently....

4. Flash

Flash Proven Member

Joined Nov 30, 2003
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado

3K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  5. darkness_fallz

darkness_fallz Proven Member

Joined Aug 11, 2004
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    I've got that and a compairable Nikon....

I definately prefer the Canon. I also have a hold of the EOS Rebel G2 35mm SLR, so it's nice to have two cameras that are so similar in function....

Enjoy it- it's a blast!

6. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
  7. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
    I was playing with one of those the other day....I need to get a 35mm camera, and I think I might go w/ that one. Canon makes one hell of a camera, don't they? :)

8. 92_75i

92_75i Proven Member

Joined Jul 11, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    how much she run ya?>????

297  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  9. bhop

bhop Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2004
    Los Angeles, California
    Why do you need a 35mm camera when you've got the 20d? My Nikon D70 has 100% replaced any film I used to shoot. A nice photo printer and photo paper with photoshop has yielded better results for me than any photo lab ever did.

10. endlessMyk

endlessMyk Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2004
    State College, Pennsylvania
    The Canon DIgital Rebel is crazy... I wish I had an extra $1000 and my talon was done, I'd probably buy one.

11. darkness_fallz

darkness_fallz Proven Member

Joined Aug 11, 2004
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    While the D20 is just such an incredible camera and there is so much you can do with it- in my opinion there is a certain satisfaction knowing that a shot on film came out.

I also have my own dark room, so I've been able to go through and produce my own prints and the such.

Film is also still the preferred medium on my part... *shrugs*...

12. bhop

bhop Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2004
    Los Angeles, California

I can understand that. If I had my own darkroom I might feel differently about it since you have so much more control over what you print and how it's printed.

As it stands for me personally, It's much more fulfilling knowing at the moment that I take the photo that my image came out ok (via the viewer on the back) than playing the waiting game with the chance of disappointment. Plus without my own darkroom, I was wasting loads and loads of cash on film and developing costs before. My camera has more than paid for itself over the year i've had it, no doubt. Plus I guess Photoshop is my darkroom now.

13. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
    Around $1200 with lens. :barf:

Eh. Just prefer the "old school" approach sometimes. I come from a background in Fine Art and traditional photography. While my digital cameras handle 99% of my photography, I occasionally just feel like breaking out the 35mm for old time's sake ;)

14. Clay

Clay Proven Member

Joined Jan 2, 2003
    626, California

249  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM