The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Woohooo, Check out our new toy! (er...digital camera. haha)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2004
D/FW, Texas
Delivered today. Canon Digital SLR / EOS 20D
8.2 mega pixels of (expensive) damn fine machinery...
It's technically the boyfriend's, so I guess I've inherited the Nikon now.... :p

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

specs here: http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos20d/index.html

Highly recommended for anyone looking for a professional quality digital camera. This thing is a monster!

98eclipseRS said:
I am green with envy right now I want that thnig so much.

haha...isn't it sweet!? We can't stop playing with it.....I think we've filled up the CF card with hundreds of random pictures of our feet by now, trying out all of the nifty little features :rocks:

You should definitely get one. I've seen some decent deals on Ebay recently....

I've got that and a compairable Nikon....

I definately prefer the Canon. I also have a hold of the EOS Rebel G2 35mm SLR, so it's nice to have two cameras that are so similar in function....

Enjoy it- it's a blast!

darkness_fallz said:
I also have a hold of the EOS Rebel G2 35mm SLR

I was playing with one of those the other day....I need to get a 35mm camera, and I think I might go w/ that one. Canon makes one hell of a camera, don't they? :)

femmeDSM said:
....I need to get a 35mm camera, and I think I might go w/ that one...

Why do you need a 35mm camera when you've got the 20d? My Nikon D70 has 100% replaced any film I used to shoot. A nice photo printer and photo paper with photoshop has yielded better results for me than any photo lab ever did.

The Canon DIgital Rebel is crazy... I wish I had an extra $1000 and my talon was done, I'd probably buy one.

While the D20 is just such an incredible camera and there is so much you can do with it- in my opinion there is a certain satisfaction knowing that a shot on film came out.

I also have my own dark room, so I've been able to go through and produce my own prints and the such.

Film is also still the preferred medium on my part... *shrugs*...

darkness_fallz said:
While the D20 is just such an incredible camera and there is so much you can do with it- in my opinion there is a certain satisfaction knowing that a shot on film came out.

I also have my own dark room, so I've been able to go through and produce my own prints and the such.

Film is also still the preferred medium on my part... *shrugs*...

I can understand that. If I had my own darkroom I might feel differently about it since you have so much more control over what you print and how it's printed.

As it stands for me personally, It's much more fulfilling knowing at the moment that I take the photo that my image came out ok (via the viewer on the back) than playing the waiting game with the chance of disappointment. Plus without my own darkroom, I was wasting loads and loads of cash on film and developing costs before. My camera has more than paid for itself over the year i've had it, no doubt. Plus I guess Photoshop is my darkroom now.

92_75i said:
how much she run ya?>????

Around $1200 with lens. :barf:

bhop said:
Why do you need a 35mm camera when you've got the 20d?

Eh. Just prefer the "old school" approach sometimes. I come from a background in Fine Art and traditional photography. While my digital cameras handle 99% of my photography, I occasionally just feel like breaking out the 35mm for old time's sake ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back