The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 90 Talon Won't Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippysnax

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2010
Denver, Colorado
I just bought a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD two days ago and it just broke down yesterday. I can get it to turn over but it is not getting any spark. I checked the forum and replaced the coolant temp sensor but that did nothing. Any ideas? what are the common issues with these cars. Also when the car is on accessory their is a carousel looking light on, what is that? Plus the cel is not on or ever comes on, and from what i hear that is a bad sign.

thanks Logan

SEARCH - Won't Start No Spark

SEARCH - IDIOT light that looks like a Carousal

18054d1061289839-weird-light-

:dsm:

From what I have been told on the 2g's the carousel looking light is the o2 sensor.so it may be the same in the 1g's. i dont believe that would cause it not to start. Have you checked your plugs wires and coil packs?
The IDIOT light that comes on when in o2 sensor goes bad is the Check Engine Light, then you pull the code and it tells you its the o2 sensor.

:dsm:

If the CEL doesn't turn on for five seconds when you turn the ignition on it means the ECU isn't working. That could be due to a blown MPI fuse, blown ignition fuse, bad ignition switch, bad MPI relay, bad wiring, or damaged ECU. Damaged ECU is the most common cause.

yeah I checked the ecm and it didnt look too bad there was one part on the board by the capacitors that looked a tiny bit corroded but the connections were still in tact. I did however discover that it is also not getting fuel. I ordered a new cas but i would like to be sure that it is that before I put down the money. also I checked the voltage in the harness that plugs into the cas when the ignition was on and it read -12volts in every pin. I have no idea what that means

decided I'm replacing the ecu. anybody have a known working md145903. Contact me asap my baby is sitting in a stadium parking lot and could get towed or vandalized any day now

The light and codes tell everything. Plug it up and post the codes.

The light and codes tell everything. Plug it up and post the codes.

So what happens if you dont get a code AT ALL? like no action at all from the test?

When I turn the key to "ON" I see the battery light; the oil light; and the radiator light.... Thewse are the normal lights but at NO TIME do i get the Engine light...

Car turns over still - still wont start .... ANNOYING as hell right now...

It the bulb for the CEL works then the ECU is dead.

If you don't get a fault code or heartbeat on the DLC the ECU is dead, assuming the MPI and Ignition fuses are good.

It should go without saying that if the ECU is dead nothing interesting is going to happen with the engine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back