The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Won't rev past 5k

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamWawrzyniak

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2012
sinking spring, Pennsylvania
Have a 92 eagle talon tsi. Just rebuilt the motor. Car won't rev past 5-6k rpm. It dosent act like a 2 step it just lays over. Any ideas?

It just lays over? Like when you are accelerating in any gear the engine rpm reach 5000-6000 rpm and slowly falls even with the accelerator fully depressed? It does not bounce off of a rev limit?

Maybe verify base timing, verify the throttle is open 100% when you have the accelerator pedal fully depressed. Otherwise it could be a restriction in the intake tract limiting airflow. I have put the stock intake on once and the rubber ring that goes around the compressor inlet slipped off and was actually INSIDE the compressor inlet and it felt like I hit a ceiling, I then removed the intake to find the rubber spacer chewed up by the compressor nut!

Thakfully the turbo was okay.

It has a brand new exhaust in it. And I didn't try it on the road yet. This is free rev

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back