The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

wont pass inspection? (New York)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmboy108

Probationary Member
Jun 17, 2006
dover, New_York
Hi. I just tried to get my car inspected in new york after sitting for over a year and replacing the motor and it wont pass. The OBD monitor readiness status reads that the catalyst, oxygen sensor heater and EGR system are not ready and the OBDII diagnostic gives the trouble codes P0134 for O2 sensor circut no activity detected bank 1 sensor 1 and P1494 manufacturer specific code. I am looking for any help here if you can point me in the right direction as to what might be throwing these codes, I am not very good when it comes to sensors and hat not. Thanks guys.

The monitors not be ready are because of you not completing drive cycles since the battery has been disconnected. Any time the ecu is reset or the check engine light is turned off all monitors will go to not ready. They will go to ready by their self after completing drive cycles.

The p0134 code is due to a bad front o2 sensor or a wiring problem with that sensor. I don't know what the other code is though.

The problem with monitors not being set is a software design problem that the EPA is aware of.

Interesting. When the key is turned off it must reset the ecu. From my experiance the only way to set the monitors to not ready is to clear the check engine light or reset the ecu. The key off must reset it. I have heard of a problem similar to this but with other cars.

Yes, there are several other cars with the same problem. The Wiki has links to the source documents where the affected cars and states using ODBII testing are listed.

I have a 99 OBD II gst spyder with a 6 bolt swap. Because of the swap my cas had to be rewired which throws a check engine light. I have DSM LINK which solves the problem but if i go to get it inspected it wont pass because it says not ready. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back