The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Wont idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCgeemdm20

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Bought a 98 gst. has aftermarket intake, inter cooler, fuel injectors, and BOV. put brand new engine in, has no boost leaks. Runs great but will not idle at all. I have already checked the MAF and the timing/boost leak problem. also has a 6 bolt swap in it with a new CAS. just wondering if anyone has had similar problems. my next step was gonna be to change the IAC and the TPS. ALSO BOV was open to atmosphere but i recirculated it and still nothing, thanks

What do you mean by wont idle? Are you running any engine management?
If you have a Volt meter you can check the TPS and ISC.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That video is very basic but Jafro has some great easy to understand videos. Hope that helps. Also if you are running bigger injectors you are going to need some kinda of fuel management adjust the fuel trims accordingly.

Last edited:
maybe your throttlebody is dirty and it can`t get in idle position. so try to clean it. sometimes it is something little thing like that

Do you have idle surge or just a low/bad idle? Little more info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back