The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

With Tesla EVs being out, I feel even less motivated to get my GVR4 running again. Talk to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They won't look twice at you unless you have more than 1,000hp. It's got easy. But one thing my dad told me when I was growing up was "Sometimes a Volkswagen Beetle has too much power for some idiot" And he was right, go out on the highway and there's a bunch of unguided missiles out there. +1 for there aren't too many "builds" anymore. Go buy you something off the showroom floor, put some stickers or maybe some lights and call it good. Ok I'm going to get off my high horse now....LOL

This is something that has bothered me for a while now especially when I came across some random video about one of the Teslas running easy 9's. Car culture as we know it is fading away. We're no longer in a world where knowledge and labor will make you fast or respected in the car scene. The car "community" has devolved into just buying expensive fast cars right off the show room. Any random idiot can go take out a loan on a Tesla or vette and make 700hp easy to demolish your DSM that you spent weeks trying to figure out one small issue with your ignition. And you're still only making 650hp which is an incredible feat on a DSM and took you years to accomplish. Every single car meet in my area is just focused on exotics, Teslas and vettes that the owner didn't build. Nobody gives a shit how you routed this sensor, how you upped the timing in this area or how you went to higher compression pistons. What's the max hp this car makes and is it expensive? The end. Whoa! Everyone come gather around this stock Lambo. Hey bro do you change the oil on this thing? Whoa is that a stock intake? Sick. What are the monthly payments on this thing? Sick bro.

I've just moved on. You're not going to be a "VIP" car at any meet and you're not going to be the fastest guy in town. Just build a cool car for yourself that's unique and isn't the same f***ing hellcat or vette that you see 30x a day and at every meet. Your car can still be fast as shit and have a ton more traction than many of these 80k turds that can't put any of that power to the ground without spinning off into a crowd of children.
Dude..Bro....fellow jaded DSM lover...This is the best, truest, most articulate and funniest post I have read in months...you rock! :hellyeah:😃😁🤣

I am speechless at the moment. Wow. Great posts. I am floored. Thanks.

If you want your horn to sound like an ice cream truck, or your passenger seat to make fart noises on command: then a Tesla is for you.

If you want a fire breathing beast with endless modification possibilities that you can build with your own 2 hands, then keep what you already have.

I also hate the mentality of the Tesla drivers at the drag strip. Nobody thinks you're impressive when you whip out a good timeslip. You've literally never turned a wrench on that car. All you had to do was put pressure on the accelerator and hold it in between the lines.

Also I'll add this. I've driven 10 or 12 different Tesla cars. The basic ones are lame. The only impressive one I drove was a dual motor P100D with a 0-60 time of 2.8 seconds. The feeling of accelerating that quickly is insane and quite euphoric. But once I did it a few times, the feeling wore off, and I realized that I was just driving another lame Tesla. I enjoyed my drive home from work in my gasoline powered car (whichever one I drove at the time I'm not sure, but it was still more appealing to me than the Tesla).

That's my 2 cents anyway.

And as with most things. TO EACH THEIR OWN. If it's what you truly desire, Ron's let a person on the internet tell you what not to do. It's just nor for me :idontknow:

Last edited:
So I love the smell of gas and exhaust, and tires squealing, boost loading, whinning from a supercharger.

Butttttttttt id rock the shit out of a tesla . Yes my hundai gets great gas mileage. But I'm not making gasoline at home. Id love to just plug the car in, in my driveway and go.

Don't worry most of my friends threaten to punch me for wanting a tesla.

Lastly id never buy a prius, so that still makes me cool right 😀😎

Agreed. I used to love browsing Bring a Trailer. Lots of projects half completed for sale, or neat old survivors that I had forgot were ever on the road (Saab Sonet, anyone?). Now they need to rename it Bring your Banker. Full of newer Porsche, BMW, other exotics, or restomod 4x4, all for insane money.
The actual cool cars at prices a hobbyist could afford to buy are next to nil.
But in 10 years finding a gas station will be like finding a pay phone today. Wow! Remember those!
Don't bet on it, electric cars will never be a major thing in this country, never! if they would be then they would have been by now, does anyone know why General Motors is called General MOTORS instead of General ENGINES?, its because they started out as an electric vehicle company, thats right, an ELECTRIC vehicle company, they soon found out that electric was not the future or the way to go when they had to compete with other companies using internal combustion engines, everything thats old is new again including hair styles, cars, clothing styles, music styles, etc etc...its all been done son, sure electric cars will be a FAD in some areas such as parts of New York, Washington state and California where you have hippies that think they need to virtue signal by owning that junk, however it will never catch on mainstream, the future is ALTERNATIVE FUELS that will burn in an internal combustion engine and be renewable, such as propane style gaseous fuels and alcohol based fuels, hydrogen based fuels as well, existing vehicles will be able to be reasonably converted to run on them, THIS is the future of travel in the USA, not electric. And before you say "yeah right" remember that I was the sole guy that predicted the price of Dsm's would go up in the near future several years back, the multiple threads are out there, look them up. Americans will never give up their guns, trucks or piston powered engines until someone pry's them from their cold dead hands...just not happining in the mid west folks.

A man literally blew up his Tesla because of the battery repair bill a few days ago. Think $8k 😬
Hey the price is going to go down on battery as technology catches up LOL they will ONLY be like $6800 in ten years and get up to 315 ROFLmiles to a charge in 70 degree weather if you dont use any accessories.ROFLROFL

If you want your horn to sound like an ice cream truck, or your passenger seat to make fart noises on command: then a Tesla is for you.

If you want a fire breathing beast with endless modification possibilities that you can build with your own 2 hands, then keep what you already have.

I also hate the mentality of the Tesla drivers at the drag strip. Nobody thinks you're impressive when you whip out a good timeslip. You've literally never turned a wrench on that car. All you had to do was put pressure on the accelerator and hold it in between the lines.

Also I'll add this. I've driven 10 or 12 different Tesla cars. The basic ones are lame. The only impressive one I drove was a dual motor P100D with a 0-60 time of 2.8 seconds. The feeling of accelerating that quickly is insane and quite euphoric. But once I did it a few times, the feeling wore off, and I realized that I was just driving another lame Tesla. I enjoyed my drive home from work in my gasoline powered car (whichever one I drove at the time I'm not sure, but it was still more appealing to me than the Tesla).

That's my 2 cents anyway.

And as with most things. TO EACH THEIR OWN. If it's what you truly desire, Ron's let a person on the internet tell you what not to do. It's just nor for me :idontknow:
Your sentiments are being and have been echoed by the citizens of this country for decades, people just dont want electric vehicles for a multitude of reasons, people are creatures of habit, they are used to pulling up to the gas pump in the morning, going in the station grabbing a coffee, coming out to a full gas tank and rolling out, old habits are hard to break and people are more resistant to change than companies give them credit for, also if anyone thinks that for one minute that big oil like Exxon Mobile and BP are just going to throw up their hands and step aside after a century of investment in refining, LOL your sadly mistaken, big oil runs this country and the world, also if you think that GM, Ford, Chrysler etc are going to give up on selling repairs and parts and oil changes at their dealerships again, your living in liberal lala land, NEVER going to happen, the manufacturers make twice as much money on servicing the vehicle during its usable life than they do selling it new, not to mention the job losses that would go with no more internal combustion engines, no parts stores online or brick and mortar, no oil or grease at Wal Mart or any where else, no spark plugs, no transmission factories making transmissions or parts for them, no repair facilities, dealerships or independent etc...it would permanently collapse our economy, every person on here is effected by the internal combustion engine, you all have someone that makes money in some regard from the manufacture, repair, sales, etc. Watch what you wish for...

So I love the smell of gas and exhaust, and tires squealing, boost loading, whinning from a supercharger.

Butttttttttt id rock the shit out of a tesla . Yes my hundai gets great gas mileage. But I'm not making gasoline at home. Id love to just plug the car in, in my driveway and go.

Don't worry most of my friends threaten to punch me for wanting a tesla.

Lastly id never buy a prius, so that still makes me cool right 😀😎
I actually WOULD buy a Prius, they work great for what they are, not as an only vehicle though.

Your sentiments are being and have been echoed by the citizens of this country for decades, people just dont want electric vehicles for a multitude of reasons, people are creatures of habit, they are used to pulling up to the gas pump in the morning, going in the station grabbing a coffee, coming out to a full gas tank and rolling out, old habits are hard to break and people are more resistant to change than companies give them credit for, also if anyone thinks that for one minute that big oil like Exxon Mobile and BP are just going to throw up their hands and step aside after a century of investment in refining, LOL your sadly mistaken, big oil runs this country and the world, also if you think that GM, Ford, Chrysler etc are going to give up on selling repairs and parts and oil changes at their dealerships again, your living in liberal lala land, NEVER going to happen, the manufacturers make twice as much money on servicing the vehicle during its usable life than they do selling it new, not to mention the job losses that would go with no more internal combustion engines, no parts stores online or brick and mortar, no oil or grease at Wal Mart or any where else, no spark plugs, no transmission factories making transmissions or parts for them, no repair facilities, dealerships or independent etc...it would permanently collapse our economy, every person on here is effected by the internal combustion engine, you all have someone that makes money in some regard from the manufacture, repair, sales, etc. Watch what you wish for...
I live near all major chemical plants. if i dont smell all that exhaust pollution, how will i know if im near home?(coming in town LOL)

Google my addy 😭😭 77503 pasadena or 77536 deer park tx. Highway 225

I drank from water hoses all my life, im immuned😅😅

I live near all major chemical plants. if i dont smell all that exhaust pollution, how will i know if im near home?(coming in town LOL)

Google my addy 😭😭 77503 pasadena or 77536 deer park tx. Highway 225

I drank from water hoses all my life, im immuned😅😅
Ahh yes, the taste of fresh Polyvinyl chloride on a hot summer day, summer wouldn't be the same without it.

I actually WOULD buy a Prius, they work great for what they are, not as an only vehicle though.

Back years ago I used to laugh at several hybrids but if you live in a big city having a Prius or a EV is a great thing cause you spend 90% of your driving in stop and go traffic or being stuck in some sort of jam. There's no point in driving a fast car everyday cause you never get to use it. Now for when you can get out of the city or for the weekends at least I have to have that second car or play toy.

I've ridden in and driven a Tesla Model Y before. The feeling of accelerating to 60 in 4.3 seconds was pretty cool at first, but then I thought of how dumb I looked going that fast in a bubbly crossover... thing. I'm all down for electrification but there is one thing that keeps me from electric swapping my dsm one day:
No transmission...
I love rowing through the gears of my Talon too much to go electric. Maybe if it was a DD vs. a project car, but I can see the side of both arguments personally. Ok, maybe aside from the slightly astronomical prices and waiting times of Teslas.

Here's good use of a Tesla...I mean dynamite ROFL (skip to 7 min mark for the action)
$22k for new batteries?!? No thank you.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There were no Teslas in The Fast and The Furious. NUF SAID! 🤣
🤣 🤣
Just wait. The F&F franchise is far from being finished. There's not telling what kind of cars will be in the future movies... I'm honestly not even interested in the future movies but will probably end up watching them with my buddies anyway

Just wait. The F&F franchise is far from being finished. There's not telling what kind of cars will be in the future movies... I'm honestly not even interested in the future movies but will probably end up watching them with my buddies anyway
They definitely get further and further away from their roots with each movie.

Imagine getting into an accident with one of those hollow pieces of sh**.

We're in trouble if any of us get into an accident with our minimal structural integrity DSMs, with those two ancient Takata air bags (hopefully) protecting us. Like it or hate it, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has raised the bar for the better. I don't think DSMs would even rate on the newest scale standards.

We're in trouble if any of us get into an accident with our minimal structural integrity DSMs, with those two ancient Takata air bags (hopefully) protecting us. Like it or hate it, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has raised the bar for the better. I don't think DSMs would even rate on the newest scale standards.
Neither will a 2022 Tesla 10 years from now, what your point? our air bags aren't defective so no problems with them working properly, they have saved many lives so far in these cars.

You’re right when you imply that the crash standards will be higher in 10 years. But if that time comes before a crash, and I’m offered my choice between a 10 year old car and one of our then 40 year old cars, I’ll take the newer one.

Two points here: 1) Our cars were built 30 years ago, before any meaningful crash data could be incorporated to strengthen the cars’ structures, and 2) A single Gen 2 airbag is not going to let you walk away from a major impact — from any direction — with the protection provided by a structurally sound body frame, crumple zones and multiple airbags on newer cars.

Any import car from the 80s and 90s has no crash protection comparison to a modern car, especially one with an all category 5 star rating.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back