The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

With Tesla EVs being out, I feel even less motivated to get my GVR4 running again. Talk to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We're in trouble if any of us get into an accident with our minimal structural integrity DSMs, with those two ancient Takata air bags (hopefully) protecting us. Like it or hate it, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has raised the bar for the better. I don't think DSMs would even rate on the newest scale standards.
Flipped multiple times and hit a tree at 60-70mph in a 1gb and it held up great. I wasn't driving but it was my car.

You do *YOU*, man.

I think the EV thing is pretty cool. I'd love to not have to fork over the credit card one to two times a week to the wife to fill her car.

That said, I have no real want of one. If it works for you, do it!

I've checked out of the "new car" realm a long time ago other than something new for the wife to drive. I have absolutely *NO* interest at this point in time in an EV for myself--or even a newer car.

When the GTRs came out, I had customers move from Evos into that platform, so they brought them to me. I didn't mind working on them, and was definitely impressed in the straight line performance, but felt there was no WAY I would spend that kinda money they bring for what they are. I want a manual box in a car that I'm driving to *enjoy*.

I guess I'm getting *REALLY* old at this point, but I still view the F40 as the pinnacle of automotive achievement. It was raw. It didn't have a computer to save you via traction control or torque vectoring. Hell, you pull a glorified "string" to open the door. Many cars outperform it easily in straight line performance, and on a road course---that doesn't matter to me.

I've pulled a GVR4 out of storage that I've been sitting on for the better part of a decade and am going through it to put it back on the road. There's just nothing out there that draws me to it right now (that I'm also willing to pay for).

I'm starting to sound like my grandfather did....

Point is--only YOU can figure out what fits your needs/wants best.

Speed doesn't matter, it's the love of the car. I've got a 95 gsx. I've had it for nearly 20 years...It ain't pretty, has rattles , needs some touching up of the paint and such, but people know what it is and respect it and I love the thing. The badge says it all. These cars are great to work on(you can see then engine!) and are fun cars in general. Don't give up on something as unique as what you have. It's a project car...keep the project going... :)

There is always going to be someone, or something faster, so being discouraged over something that came along 25 years later being faster is a bit silly. (I mean that with respect) If anything it's had the opposite effect on me, I see it and go...What's the point of trying to make my 25+ year old crap box, when a prius is practically faster these days.

The point is it's far more interesting to see, drive, and own then a Prius, (Or a Tesla which has filled the slot of the Prius around here) and that's where the fun is, that's where the benefit of having it is.

That's why I've just started focusing on building cars exactly how I want, even if that means leaving them completely stock and restoring them, or if they are "slow"

Just get it running and enjoy the thing,

just going to throw this out there…EV’s are sort of slow from a roll!!

Enjoy your dsm for what is it, when you get to take it out on a nice Sunday morning, or summer twilight evening.. through your favorite road and listen to the turbo sing.

An appliance car might be nice to drive to work everyday, but it’s never going to be like the fast toys we grew up.

This is probably how muscle car guys that grew up in the 70s felt when DSM’s started to get fast LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back