The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2G Wiring - Where does this connector go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koda

Proven Member
Jun 2, 2019
Butler, Pennsylvania
I moved these wires before the winter and I forget what they go to, I looked in the ecu pinout diagrams to try to match the colors with the wires but I can’t figure out what they go to, my guess was egr but I wanna be sure

Attachments

• 375F5852-2C3D-4383-AE39-E1C3AD3AC7F4.png
    375F5852-2C3D-4383-AE39-E1C3AD3AC7F4.png
    496.8 KB · Views: 217
That's the AC compressor plug. EGR solenoid is a 2 pin plug. There's a thread here with pics and a description of every plug in the engine bay if you ever have that problem again. Much easier than looking through wiring diagrams.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.298047/

My thought is if he thinks it's the EGR plug, then it is likely on that side of the engine, no where near the A/C compressor. It does look like the A/C plug though.

OP, can you show us a better picture of the location for this plug?

My thought is if he thinks it's the EGR plug, then it is likely on that side of the engine, no where near the A/C compressor. It does look like the A/C plug though.

OP, can you show us a better picture of the location for this plug?

It's a three pin triangular connector with
white/green, green/red, black/white wires. There's only one plug on a 2g engine harness that matches up with all that and that's the AC compressor plug. This is of course assuming someone didn't splice in an AC plug pigtail to other wires. I learned this plug's details early on after a couple times of getting it mixed up with the coil pack plug and having a car that wouldn't start. Been awhile since I've seen a stock 2g setup but there's no electrical connector to the EGR itself, just it's solenoid which IIRC should be not far from the AC compressor on the driver's side firewall.

Last edited:
EGR solenoid is in the middle of the firewall at the top though, no where near to the A/C. You are right, that connector matches, just not the location the OP is hinting at.

The op didn't hint at any location just posted a pic of plug and said he was guessing it was the EGR. Like I said been along time since I've seen stock 2g emissions stuff so I'm sure your right about it's location... But I do know for certain that does not plug into a dsm EGR solenoid.

The op didn't hint at any location just posted a pic of plug and said he was guessing it was the EGR. Like I said been along time since I've seen stock 2g emissions stuff so I'm sure your right about it's location... But I do know for certain that does not plug into a dsm EGR solenoid.
I know it's not for an EGR too, I never said it was for EGR. By hinting, I'm just referring to him mentioning EGR in the first place. To me, that hints that for some reason, the plug is on that side of the engine.

I know it's not for an EGR too, I never said it was for EGR. By hinting, I'm just referring to him mentioning EGR in the first place. To me, that hints that for some reason, the plug is on that side of the engine.
Sorry didn't mean for that to come off like you were saying it's the EGR solenoid plug. I was just reiterating for the op that they wouldn't match up. I can see what you mean about the plugs being in 2 different locations.
OP, double check that's not a pigtail spliced into different color wires (I've seen it done before) and if it isn't, that's for sure the AC comp plug

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back