The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Wiring help. Do the coils get one yellow black from PTU and one yellow green from ECU?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkprodigy

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2017
flint, Michigan
I'm not getting spark and seeing non burnt fuel in 2 cylinders. I think I have wires mixed up, cut harness back and found 1 wire going to the coil on plug from the PTU and 1 from the ECU harness

Where did you cut the harness - on the coil? The coil's yellow-black and yellow-green both go to the ptu. The yellow-green also goes to the engine speed adjust connector (on the firewall) where it becomes a white-black.

I'll send you a picture later today.
Man this elec problem is not fun. I have a msd dis-2 plus, spark tech c.o.p, and hacked wiring system.

Only car I git right now, house was broken into took work van, vandalized my talon, put 2 qrts of 2 cycle in tank. I've ran 3 gals of gas through 4 times emptied. fresh gas try to start clean plugs. repeat. last time replaced plugs ngk bpr8es.

About to loose house if can't get this car running correct, it starts runs but very rough. Only mechanic i know close decent around flint is the one I think was behind whole thing.I hate to put myself out here but I've exhausted all favors,rides,and money I had left. Just glad I had hidden kill switch hooked up on the msd and cpl of wires apart or car would be gone with everything else

Where did you cut the harness - on the coil? The coil's yellow-black and yellow-green both go to the ptu. The yellow-green also goes to the engine speed adjust connector (on the firewall) where it becomes a white-black.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes thank you . I was trying to figure out why the yellow wire looped back from the ptu and not both from the ecu like it shows in shop manual . Should have worded it better , rn I'm putting it back stock coils back on and wires ...process of elimination 🤔 thank for answering though .I appreciate it very much..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back