The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conner I

Probationary Member
May 22, 2022
Prescott Valley, Arizona
I’m thinking about buying a 2g eagle talon TSi AWD but it needs to be rewired. How much would that cost me? Is it worth it to do? New to the DSM scene and trying to buy my first one. Thanks you guys

Check out Miller Imports and Performance Part out. Even if they don't have the harnesses in stock, it'll give you an idea on price.

Apparently Miller changed their name ..

Check out Miller Imports and Performance Part out. Even if they don't have the harnesses in stock, it'll give you an idea on price.

Apparently Miller changed their name ..
Thinking about having a shop do it. Don’t know much about wiring and would rather have that in the hands of a certified shop

I’m thinking about buying a 2g eagle talon TSi AWD but it needs to be rewired. How much would that cost me? Is it worth it to do? New to the DSM scene and trying to buy my first one. Thanks you guys
Needs to be rewired is kinda vague. Did the car burn up? What exactly is damaged that needs to be rewired?

Needs to be rewired is kinda vague. Did the car burn up? What exactly is damaged that needs to be rewired?
He didn’t really say I think it’s Judy been sitting so long it rotted or maybe mice ate away at it? Just looking to get a quote for everything redone

He didn’t really say I think it’s Judy been sitting so long it rotted or maybe mice ate away at it? Just looking to get a quote for everything redone
Nobody would be able to quote without more specifics. If you think it's that bad skip it and find another car.

If you don't want to find a good stock donor harness, and a custom harness made, plan on a couple thousand dollars by a proper shop, what you are asking for is not cheap. Some places make aftermarket engine harnesses but they typically are more racing application than OEM application. I would suggest contacting Miller Imports (http://www.kannapolisautoparts.com/Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Eagle-Talon-C336900.aspx?sid=11239) or Ricky Nichols ([email protected]) as two options for people that regularly part out cars and may have entire stock harnesses.

Last edited:
Get your eyeballs on it so you know what you're actually dealing with or get some pics or something... I hate wiring as much as the next guy but I hate giving money away, you'd be surprised how much you can actually do.

People can quickly go broke if they can't do the work themselves. Keep that in mind as you look at any old car but very much so with a DSM. Shops are going to charge $100+ an hour to work for you plus parts. It wouldn't take long to double the cost of a DSM and still not have a strong running car.

Your also entering the game at a time when replacement parts are fading away so as much as you may love a DSM you might want to consider other options unless you find a unicorn.

You don't generally "rewire" a car unless it's been in a flood - and then you really need to consider if the time and money is worth taking a chance on a flood car. If the car has been the victim of mouse snacking or squirrel nesting then you could spend a bundle to have a shop chase down wiring issues only to find out something got missed. Wiring issues can be a nightmare to chase down. Also, wiring work gets billed by the hour so no flat rate cost that can be estimated up front.

You can learn a lot from youtube. That coupled with advice from the host of superstars on here can get you running with confidence. If you don't feel comfortable splicing wires and replacing/repinning connectors on your own, consider replacing the entire harness that has been affected. It is a relatively easy task - basic (though involved) parts swapping.

If swapping harnesses gives you an ugh feeling in your gut, seriously reconsider getting into DSMs. As has been said, parts are getting harder and harder to come by so turning your own wrenches will be the only alternative to having extremely deep pockets and a lot of patience (and luck finding a quality shop).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back