The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Winter Projects anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tribal_RS_96

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Hey STLDSMs I was just wondering if you had projects planned for your ride this winter?

So far I got a few, I'm finishing a newer motor swap (2.0 420a). Get some new gauges, possibly short throw shifter kit with bushings, and repaint the parts I pulled from junkyard eclipses to match mine.

Hey STLDSMs I was just wondering if you had projects planned for your ride this winter?

So far I got a few, I'm finishing a newer motor swap (2.0 420a). Get some new gauges, possibly short throw shifter kit with bushings, and repaint the parts I pulled from junkyard eclipses to match mine.

For me its just new tires and hopefully ecmlink! haha

Turbo upgrade
new turbo
link upgrade
rebuild engine
fp manifold

all this while looking for another awd

Plan on putting my 8 point cage in and ecmlink hopefully and maybe new tires for my summer rims.

Cool, glad to see we aren't ready to pack it in yet this winter, i should probably get some snow tires...or at least chains, I bet cooper zeon's aren't very winter appropriate LOL. Im with you on the two year long project 95eclipser, its been tough wanting to drive it, drove it once, and now im slowly rebuilding.... 1 and a half weeks. I wish everybody luck

I have been trying to finish my 92 galant vr4. Just put in a spec stage 3 clutch and fidanza flywheel, new fmic and hard intercooler piping, new timing belt, aeromotive afpr, and Alot of other regular maintenance parts. I still have to get my tie rod ends and a lower control arm on, wideband and egt , then tune it finally!

I hit a deer last friday night so my plan. body work :) yea buddy. check it out on my page. but jus a hood, bottom parking. grill and awd 90 or 91 core support, and fans LOL. my insurance borderlined totaled it. luckly i found a 91 gsx with a lsd rear end, no motor or trans. so very convienent

id like to get a tt, fpr, wideband gauge, and to understand the tuning on ecm link came on the car. saved me some money. check out all my photos and tell me what u think, i love feedback

List

18g
link upgrade
new wp, tb, front case
misc new bolts
larger injectors
more to come
looking for a tsi

just trying to get my car up and going. I need to find a Torque converter for my car. if anyone has one let me know please it's for a 95 eagle talon awd turbo
the stamping on it is supposed to be 6k

^ good luck. mines getting completly painted because of a wild deer haha. Picked up some new interior, short throw, and a sweet ass ride when its done will post pics asap

KB90TSIAWD that stinks about the deer but I the new body rebuild sounds sweet. I'm stuck on my project, my new harmonic balance came in but I ran into some problems. The old harmonic balance won't come off so I can't pull my timing cover off my old motor, and now my Altinator pulley is a 4 groove belt while the harmonic balancer is a 5 groove. Andy 420a techs in st. Louis?

tribal, isn't the 420 the same engine that is in a neon and other chrylser 4 cyl? I would think most independents would be pretty familiar with those cars. Also, i needed some welding done so i called one of those mobile mechanics on craigslist. He charges 25 an hour with a 2 hour minimum. They do all auto repair, welding etc right their in your garage. I had him custom make a fuel pump sending unit and do a few other small things for $60 bucks. im sure one of those guys could do your harmonic balancer in an hour right their at your house.

As for me, I bought another GSX 2 weeks ago, all stock unmolested car. installed turboback exhaust walbro 255,pump rewire, aeromotive afpr, act 2600, 16g, 660's, gauges and some other crap. I'm having trouble deciding whether to go with link, an safc or a gen II maft.

yeah the neon 420a is basically the same as the eclipse 420a, depending on the year though. II heard the 95 neon was SOHC, and the other neons heads are backwards, a lot of research could make an awesome sleeper though LOL.

I got the harmonic balance off, the problem was that the balancer looked modded or wrecked, thats why it was a double K4 groove belt style. I was very confused, the only reason i needed it off was for my timing cover. Now I'm torquing my flywheel bolts, getting ready to bolt up the motor today and start on the transmission today

That sounds awesome, the next thing I'm going to have to do is swap out my lifters. Probably next month... Getting closer and closer to autocrossing.

tribal, isn't the 420 the same engine that is in a neon and other chrylser 4 cyl? I would think most independents would be pretty familiar with those cars. Also, i needed some welding done so i called one of those mobile mechanics on craigslist. He charges 25 an hour with a 2 hour minimum. They do all auto repair, welding etc right their in your garage. I had him custom make a fuel pump sending unit and do a few other small things for $60 bucks. im sure one of those guys could do your harmonic balancer in an hour right their at your house.

As for me, I bought another GSX 2 weeks ago, all stock unmolested car. installed turboback exhaust walbro 255,pump rewire, aeromotive afpr, act 2600, 16g, 660's, gauges and some other crap. I'm having trouble deciding whether to go with link, an safc or a gen II maft.

i have a safc that came in my gfs talon that i will not use. im lookin to sell it for pretty cheap.

hey my trans went out a week ago. tryin to get it back on the road this weekend. also gettting a new clipped 16g. picked up another 90 talon awd for the gf since she totalled her prelude. puttin my current stock 16 on hers since her shaft goes in and out up and down LOL. doesnt squeel and runs. i drive it back n forth to work right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back