The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Winter Beater Cars [Merged 11-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:D
1.8Lof94Eclipse said:
Most impresive DevilSperm. I live in Michigan too, there's no chance in me buying a winter beater, especially when I've got wheels, tires, body kit, and various other things to pay off. Plus it's a 1.8L so my car may just qualify as a winter beater but without the "beater" because I'm re-painting it and putting a body kit on it, I have to baby it this winter so I can have a nice car in the summer. What if you just wash your car a lot to get that salt off of it? Would that be a good idea?

p.s. Damn Nebraska's license plates are ugly DevilSperm! ha

I live in Ferndale, were practically neighbors. I think I talked to you once, at National. Maybe not but I talked to some one that had a red 1.8 and was getting a bodykit. I had the primered talon with the 2.3L. I cant afford a winter beater either, so the car just might stay primered for the season.

hey all your cars sound better than mine its a 88 audi 80 with 196 thousend km 9 (its euro spec) but lets just say i actually change my oil by dumping all the colected oil in my air filter!!! damn ive got more compresion at my air cleaner than in my cylinder! :laugh: i just hope it makes it :( i dont know if germany uses road salt though so maybee i will use the tallon. :thumb:

they use salt..but rusting wont be an issue(the audi will NOT rust LOL)i iuse a winter beater too..an i wash it every time i have a chance*temp above 32F/0C * then its good to wash the car during the winter..remember to dry out the doorjambs AFTER u wash..also a great IDEA to put a strip of TAPE over the KEYHOLES before u wash..or else it will freeze over at night and ull be ike WTF the nect morning :laugh: i get 4 free wash coupons at work a montgh so.. even in winter what ever im driving(this yr a Suzuki swift,opel Corsa,Renault Twingo or some Hyundai for a winter beater ) will always be clean :thumb:

Here is my Winter Beater. This was my Beater when I had my Eclipse. And my Beater when I had my Talon. Now I drive it daily. Once I find another DSM. It will be the Beater once again. It's a good ol' mighty pickup. It's a 93' with only 86K miles. But it is loaded with rust.

Attachments

• IMAG0772.JPG
    IMAG0772.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 117
trapspeed said:
What the hell is a "Winter?"

LOL. For real. This winter you people speak of is it hotter or just warmer weather :laugh: :p Anyway I just alternate between my cars. These are my summer/winter beaters.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last winter my car had to tuff it out and take the salt/snow beating,but now with the new blue paint job I have to put her away maybe in November.I just bought a 6 Bolt block thats getting rebuilt and getting thrown in for the winter.(The tuning never stops)I just traded my Yamaha 125 for a 90 Dodge Shadow with 80K miles.So ill drive that around come this winter.

I had alot of fun last year in my GSX, so Im not planning on getting anything this year. :thumb:

Winter??

Ya that's where the high is still 65-70....LOL.

slow car said:
DSM= year 'round beater. That's 1/2 the allure to me.

What's more fun than AWD, 16 pounds of boost and a fresh coating of powder on the roads??

#### that, I tried having fun with my Impreza RS the first time it snowed and promptly ate a tree. Maybe I should've used snow tires....

Either way, I need to start looking for a winter beater since my sister's car was stolen, and I can't let her use the work truck. Hardtop Samurai anyone?

I bought my topaz last year for 300$ canadian and used it for 4 months until the starter went on it, then it ran into my girlfriends house. i'm currently lowering it, full body kit and high flow exhaust (parts from my other winter car, saab 9000 turbo) i cant wait to get it finished. i also bought a laser RS that i was gonna make my other back up car, and this year i just bought a 240 SX and since its RWD i bought a coworkers Camaro for 100$

Luckyly i live on a farm and there's places to hide most of 'em

by the way, the talon doesnt even work anymore either so she's going away for the winter, FULL overhaul (right to the frame)

Hey guys! Well as you may know I bought a bronco as a winter beater however the front tranny seal needs to be replaced and I just dont have time for that so I came across another machine. A 91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD automatic. Well I went to check it out and do a comp test and it came back 150, 30, 155, and 150. He was orginally asking 950 and had NO idea the comp was bad. I guess hes been driving it around for some time on 3 cylinders.

Anyway long story short I talked him down and I picked it up for 300 bucks. :)

Runs fine and honestly I wouldnt have known it had a bad cylinder had I not seen it on the tester myself.

I plan on driving it for the winter and then either parting it out or fixing the head and selling it.

And now the pictures:

A working 91 STOCK CD player. OMG

A nice set of working stock fog lights.

Cant beat that with a stick for 300 bucks. :)

Funny thing is I didnt find it. I was on one of the local forums and got a PM about it because they knew I ran the Connecticut Club DSM and thought Id be interested. :)

So thankful I bought that comp tester last year. Saved me 600 bucks. :thumb:

Nice deal... When I bought my Laser I talked the guy down from $1000 to $600 because the car wouldn't pass emissions. Not bad considering it had about 90,000 miles and a 2 year old brand new 14b on it. It makes a wonderful beater car while I leave my 3000GT VR-4 in the garage over winter :) The only thing I don't like about it is that it's FWD.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back