The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Windshield Wiper Trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arctic1250

Probationary Member
Sep 28, 2010
Queen City, Texas
I'm having trouble diagnosing a problem with my windshield wipers. They don't work. I've checked the motor and it's fine. The fuses are all fine (I know because I've pulled all of them twice to check). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

are you still having problem with your wipers not working? and if so i would check all the wiring to the motor itself,otherwise using a test light or a voltmeter to make sure you have good ground or have power getting supplied to it.

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. My psp got stolen and I didn't have any other way to get online. Yes, I do still have trouble with it and am not getting power to the motor.I'm starting to think that it is the switch because I am getting some voltage to the switch but none to the other end.

It could also be the wire from the switch to the wiper motor. Unless you mean that you checked voltage directly from the switch terminals then yes, its the switch

Do you have power at the switch, and the power on the wire to the motor where it connects to the switch?

Try a continuity test at the switch to the motor. If there is I finite resistance there is a break in the wire. I'm not positive if there is a relay for it but if there is, have you or the mechanic tested for proper operation of it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back