The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G windows roll down when car is off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadilacmike

Probationary Member
Jun 17, 2013
tuttle, Oklahoma
98 eclipse gst, windows roll up and down with car off and key out, is that the way its supposed to work?

Do your interior lights come on when you open your doors? Either the relay is not getting the signal form the interior light switch(es), it has a bad connection or the relay is bad. Does the radio work with the key off?

I had the same type of issue in my Mountaineer, replaced a relay and fixed it.

No radio, it was stolen before I bought the car.
No interior lights, except the dash lights are inside the car.

Its not running my battery down as far as I know so its not big deal, except if someone decides to stick a hanger or something down there, roll down my windows and break in that way. Fast chance I guess.

Could be related to the radio theft and the lack of interior lights. If the interior lights do not come on when you open the doors, then the system does not enable the relay to kill power. If you had a radio, I bet it would stay on too.

## issue is the door contacts for both doors. When opened it grounds out the circuit lighting ## interior lights and also shutting off power to power windows. Check them to make sure there hooked up.

## issue is the door contacts for both doors. When opened it grounds out the circuit lighting ## interior lights and also shutting off power to power windows. Check them to make sure there hooked up.

I had problems with both of my door switches, I didn't notice the windows, but I couldn't get my interior lights to come on when the doors were open. I had to remove the switches, clean the contacts, and make sure they were grounded to the chassis. This fixed my issue.

I couldn't tell you the relay as I had the issue with my Mountaineer, but it was the same symptoms, except my interior lights worked.

There actually was a write up that I found a few years ago that allowed his to happen. The ignition controls the power going to the window relay, so its constant. This mod did not cause any power use unless someone hit the window switch. My 98 gsx was like this for a while, I liked it.

Well I don't mind doing the maintenance, but I hate electrical crap. Guess I'll live with it for now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back