The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder Windows and radio quit working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreasurE

Probationary Member
Apr 1, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I was just getting my 96 Spyder gs out of storage for the summer and I noticed the battery was dead. So I replaced the battery today and when I was driving around the radio and windows quit working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ehh, usually if a fuse is blown it shows it. Also after checking fuses, verify that the ground (-) is good. Common problem with the dsm radios. Same with the windows. Could be a window switch or motors bad/not getting power.

Yah I had time to test the alternator today and found out that the output is only three volts so the although is dead. I wonder if not starting the car over the winter caused it to die when I replaced the battery...hmmmm.

this is what happened when I picked up my gsx. it sat for quite a while, the battery died, replaced the battery and now the alternator is shot. i don't see why a new battery would cause it but it appeared the alternator was going down hill when the first one died.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back