The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Window trims... longshot

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enriquez2000

Proven Member
Oct 5, 2014
fort collins, Colorado
Ive been bringing the exterior of my car back to life. Previously someone had palstidipped all the cracking and peeling window trims.

This really the only spot on my car im not sure what to do... would love to find new ones somewhere.... otherwise i may try rubber undercoating or painting them. As brittle as they are im almost afraid to pull them off to properly paint them.

Any suggestions?

A NOS set of 1g belt moldings sold on fb for $450 a couple weeks ago. I see people recommend SEM trim black all the time to restore them, it’s like a $20 rattle can. Definitely be super careful removing them, I would probably consider doing them on the car. Unfortunately, I have no direct experience to offer.

A NOS set of 1g belt moldings sold on fb for $450 a couple weeks ago. I see people recommend SEM trim black all the time to restore them, it’s like a $20 rattle can. Definitely be super careful removing them, I would probably consider doing them on the car. Unfortunately, I have no direct experience to offer.
As sad as it sounds.. id probably pay that for the full set LOL

Is it the one that's on the outside bottom of the window/top of door panel? Yeah they all get brittle and cracks. it's metal underneath so you can remove what you can and paint them or try wrapping them.
Its all of them. The ones on door i plastidipped and look ok for now.. the rear windows and hatch trims are the worst

My plasti dip actually looked okay up until it's at outside of our shop for almost a year. It's garage now so maybe Plasti Dip would last quite a while longer. I was just hoping to have something I could forget about for 20 more years LOL

rnew ones nope, paint it over and over as you need they were 50 at the dealer i worked at in 1994 you wont find new one. Its how it goes with a aging platform.
Its funny because the 95 accord I had I could find parts everywhere... these are unicorns these days... but I love the car.. just trying to make it look as good as it runs

I just sand it down to the metal it looks great! never rusts also seems like....

If you figure out how to remove them, make a post about it. There must be some sort of spring clips to hold them on. Assuming you get the trim removed without damage, you still need all the clips intact to remount them. I’ve looked on these forums and vfaq, but no luck with a good instructions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back