The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Window Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've had to replace 2 windows and remove 2 more to replace my door handles, I've gotten It down to about 10-15 minutes for removal-installiation LOL.

It's a difficult task If you are attempting it for the first time, so I thought I'd give a good breakdown of the process.

In these instructions I'm assuming you removed the door panel and plastic vaper barrior

You have to have all plastic/metal pieces bolted in place before attempting to put the window in, it's nearly Impossible to do it inside the door, there just isn't enough room. A Haynes Manual would be a good idea at this point because there are several holes to bolt various pieces up to, and it helps to have it on right the 1st time. You could also open up the door panel on the good window side to understand where pieces are placed and how they are used.

Once the Window has the proper pieces bolted to it (up-stops, regulator attachment bolts, and track slide, and roller), you will have to remove the rear view mirrior* and window stabilizers** from the door, as well as the door speaker and plastic housing.

make sure the window regulator is fully rolled down the entire time

The inside trim has to come out, the outside can stay.

* The side view mirrior has to be removed in order to get the window to slide over far enough horizontally to get the roller to fit, it's just 3 bolts and you can leave the harness attatched and the mirrior hanging.

**Also, the stabilizers in the door (there are 2 of them) have 2 bolts in per stabilizer (for a total of 4 bolts) ... there is another set of plastic pieces that are also shaped like a "U" but have only one bolt per piece which stay bolted where they are the entire time.
The stabilizers in the door have felt on the ones your removing and plastic on the ones that are staying in.

First slide in the track guide (end of window nearest hinges) into the door opening, and hold the window high in the opening this entire paragraph .... then you have to slip the roller (side farthest away from hinges) into the enlarged opening about 6" into the door. In order to do that the window has to be slid as close to it's hinges as possible horozontially, one of the window regulator bolts (closest to hinges) will probably seem too wide to go through the opening while your trying to manuever the window into place, you have to pull the window opening so that it flexes and becomes wider in order to do this... make sure you are holding the glass tight, because at that point the bolt will be the only thing holding it from falling into the door. It's ok to force a little bit, but just be sure not to let the window come crashing down when the bolt has cleared the opening.

All this takes place with the window very high in the opening. When the window is in , you can then fit it so the roller and slide are in their tracks and the window is guided throughout it's up and down process

From there it's easy, the bolts in the window slide in the holes for the regulator (one is behind the door speaker which is why I told you to remove it earlier) and the other is in plain view in the door opening. Reassemble and your done.

good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back