The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Willwood Master Brake Cylinder, Clutch Cylinder and Pedal Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok so I am starting this threat to document the full install and fabrication of a Willwood pedal set along with a brake master and clutch master. I will document the entire installation. I am doing this because I looked high and low and could not find information on it being done. I know Luda had purchased the parts but never got around to it. So here we are. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask. The reason I am doing this is because the car has evolved past the oem system, or rather I am just not willing to take a chance.

I currently have Evo X calipers on the front and back. I went with stock booster at the time with a 3G master. It just never felt right. So, I made the decision to delete the booster and go with a full manual brake system. Before you go buy parts. It is important to know that to properly do this. You should call Willwood and ask questions. It is not as simple as deleting the booster. Pedal leverage, master cylinder piston size, caliper piston size and pedal measurement. Here is where you need to start.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So luckily, I have done the measurements and can tell you that our pedals are notsuitable for use without a booster. They do not have the leverage.

A: 13.5"
B: 3.5"
I believe this averaged about 5:1. I'm no math guy so feel free to correct this. It is recommended to have at least a 6:1. I went with Part number 340-14360.
This pedal assembly. Here are both part numbers and the differences.

Here are the two-part numbers. The difference is the ratio. I, as stated, chose the 340-14360. I believe the other would be too long and would not clear the floor. Here are those measurements.

And here is the actual pedal assembly.

As stated before. I do not suggest buying these parts off the shelf without taking the time to do your research. Meaning what will be the primary use for the car. Or if it is worth the money or time.

I stated before that I swapped the Evo X calipers a while back. I had to find the piston measurements for those.
Evo X:
Oem Master is 15/16
Front Caliper: 46/40
Rear Caliper: 40mm

You will have to get the measurements for whichever set you use. This information came from This post.
From the 93 FSM

Single Piston Caliper
256mm rotor 24mm thick
60.3mm piston

Dual Piston Caliper
276mm rotor 24mm thick
41.3mm x 2 piston
It was a response by Steve (Wiseman)

Maybe that will help some others.

These are the part numbers I was given according to my set up.

260-14242-bk brake master
260-10371 clutch mater
260-12696 bottle x3
260-15667 valve
340-14360 pedal

That is all for now. I will Be logging complete before and after. Install step by step. I have talked to my fabricator and he is onboard. So, stay tuned.

Last edited:
Golly. Whats the ball park price for all this so far? Will be following this!

Well the part numbers above come to just under $1000, which is far lower priced than Tilton components.

Are you doing a Bosch throttle body and DBW gas pedal conversion as well?

Well the part numbers above come to just under $1000, which is far lower priced than Tilton components.

Are you doing a Bosch throttle body and DBW gas pedal conversion as well?
He bro. How are you. I've just finnished that part. I did a Grams 90mm electronic throttle body and a 05 Subaru Wrx Sti epedal. Here are some pics of that.

I hope you realize what you are getting into. I know for certain what you want to do is not possible on a 1g. It puts the clutch master cylinder inside the frame rail. hopefully a 2g is enough different that it's not an issue.

Also, there are plates available to put a wilwood master on a dsm without the brake booster. If you size the master and calipers right, the leverage works out good for a track car.

Mines on a 7/8" master and 1.62" dynalites. It works good with Hawk Black compound pads, they might be too much with 1.75" calipers, but would probably be just about right with a more street oriented pad.

With this brake setup 1" master and a booster it was dangerous.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back