The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Will the EVO go for a walk?

Will the EVO go for a walk?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no, have u ever heard of an evo engine crankwalking? neither have i, its about as rare as a 6 bolt crankwalking
besides everything being a little bit bigger for the bigger stock turbo the definitive difference between an evo engine and a 2g engine is that the evo is stronger and will not crankwalk, even the evo 1-3 engines that can be put in a 2g dsm are just as strong as any 6 bolt engine u can get
the evo is exactly that, the evolution of the engine in our 2g dsms, evoloution means its gotten better, they didnt spend years developing the next step in the evoloution of the 4g63 to make the same mistakes again and sell an engine that will suffer from crankwalk

I say no. Really the problem was 2g's. And with the break they took from the 2g engine until the Evo, Mitsu better have figured their shit out.

some Evo 4's had Crankwalk issues. Reason I say this, some guy had one sent to JUN for some modification and they highly recommended using the Evo 5 or later motor because of some Main bearing failures according to them. I think its crankwalk.

But other than that, I think the new 4g63 is bullet proof.

Originally posted by Cirus_93TSI
no, have u ever heard of an evo engine crankwalking? neither have i, its about as rare as a 6 bolt crankwalking
besides everything being a little bit bigger for the bigger stock turbo the definitive difference between an evo engine and a 2g engine is that the evo is stronger and will not crankwalk, even the evo 1-3 engines that can be put in a 2g dsm are just as strong as any 6 bolt engine u can get
the evo is exactly that, the evolution of the engine in our 2g dsms, evoloution means its gotten better, they didnt spend years developing the next step in the evoloution of the 4g63 to make the same mistakes again and sell an engine that will suffer from crankwalk

STFU. It's not about "how strong the motor is".

It's about how incorrectly the bearings and cranks have been machined.

Crank walk is not something that is JUST TO THE 2GS!! It happens to cars. I think their will be exceptions and a few motors that will crankwalk. I am not saying that it will be horrible or anything. The 2gs just have more chance to crankwalk. 1gs have a chance to crankwalk as well. There are some people with 1gs that have crank walked.

There will most likly be atleast one crankwalked evo 8.

Originally posted by MrPikolo
Crank walk is not something that is JUST TO THE 2GS!! It happens to cars. I think their will be exceptions and a few motors that will crankwalk. I am not saying that it will be horrible or anything. The 2gs just have more chance to crankwalk. 1gs have a chance to crankwalk as well. There are some people with 1gs that have crank walked.

There will most likly be atleast one crankwalked evo 8.

well dur the 92 and a half 1g's had 7 bolt motors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back