1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

420A Will not start and idle

Posted by djw007, Mar 26, 2018

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. djw007

djw007 Probationary Member

Joined Mar 26, 2018
    San Antonio, Texas
    A few weeks ago I was driving to work when the engine shut off. I saw that it had just got up to normal operating temperature. I did some research and found that the crank position sensor is notorious for failing when hot, so I replaced it. Now the car won’t start. I replaced the fuel pump and fuel pump relay, but it will only occasionally run very rough with the gas held open. Does anyone have an idea on what the problem may be?

225  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM