The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Will not idle on it's own

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I talked with AEM after Brian wanted me to inquire about the brass MAP sensor differences to the silver sensor. The silver sensor is a more accurate sensor for those that wish to know.

I told the AEM tech guy my situation and what I received was some good info. Using an electronic gauge setup that utilizes a MAP sensor is fine to run and log with. However, that info that the sensor spits out and gets sent to the gauge to be processed and then sent to the ECU is not well enough for the ECU to utilize to run speed density.

For SD, a dedicated sensor is needed separate from the gauge.

The manual does state that you can hook the gauge up to the ECU to log which is fine but not for SD which I went to ask about so that seems to be a major cause to my issues as we got the car running with my stock MAF and surprisingly, without a MAF or SD at all :confused:

we got the car running with my stock MAF and surprisingly, without a MAF or SD at all :confused:

Im confused by that myself. The wording is throwing me off. You got the car to run with the stock MAF but without one being hooked up? :confused:

Anyways, good call on whoever said it may be the map sensor. ;)
Look into an Omni-power.

I've used omnipower before, going for a cleaner setup as I can mount the sensor onto the intake manifold.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

TPS voltage is a little bit high isn't it? .63? Should it not be .48-.53? I would think this might be enough to cause a serge. The AFR spiking issue does sound to me like the map sensor is giving bad readings, though a bad wire\connection(maybe a bent pin) somewhere could also cause this. Any chance your reverse power problem screwed something up? Maybe something in the ecu?

TPS voltage is a little bit high isn't it? .63? Should it not be .48-.53? I would think this might be enough to cause a serge. The AFR spiking issue does sound to me like the map sensor is giving bad readings, though a bad wire\connection(maybe a bent pin) somewhere could also cause this. Any chance your reverse power problem screwed something up? Maybe something in the ecu?

Nope, should be .63v at 0% throttle.

When you reverse power a car, it will usually fry the ECU, but Scott has replaced it with a working unit, so that's not the issue.

Check a couple posts above yours for info on the MAP sensor causing a bad reading.

Nope, should be .63v at 0% throttle.

When you reverse power a car, it will usually fry the ECU, but Scott has replaced it with a working unit, so that's not the issue.

Check a couple posts above yours for info on the MAP sensor causing a bad reading.

Funny I was really reading through all the posts trying to get an idea for what was going on and I guess I read through that one too fast about the map sensor.

I was thinking it was the reverse power thing. But if he swapped ecu I'm not sure.

The reverse power happened back in December. All parts that were damaged were replaced at that time. I'll have an update next week when I get the new sensor.

Ah so they say that the silver body will work correctly with SD? I kinda wished I would have kept my aem then. How much was it? Where you get it from?

I believe either will work but the silver us the one recommend to use.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back