The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Will Mustang wheels fit?...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the prompt reply wret. I read your your write up on the VR4 brakes and my mind wasn't quite working mixed the 2 issues, work graveyards and at the end of my shift. I realized on the way home that the spacers would only be an issue for brake clearance and I needed to be worried about was fender rub.

So what I should be thinking about is rolling the fenders, if needed. At that offset it should sick out 1/2cm than EVO 8 wheels. I guess the other issue is strut clearance since I don't have coilovers.

can some of you guys who have used mustang wheels on your cars post some pics? thanks. jon

Front and rear i would like to see this setup all around just to see how it looks sounds like a good cheap way to go about some 17 inch rims:thumb:

If no one posts pics by this weekend I will try to convince my bro if I can put his wheels on my dsm.

Where do you wanna see the wheel on the dsm? Front or rear?
Please! If you can do one whole side, right or left doesn't matter, and get the side shot, front, rear, to see how much the wheels stick out the fender and quarter panel, I will get you a tech article for the coilovers I bought? :thumb:

Thanks man!

And yeah, the Cobra Mustang rims are 5x114.3; same as our car. MUSTANG GT (OPT.), COBRA 97-UP 16"-18" 5x114.3

And yeah, I'm kinda tired of my rims. I want something new. OMG

I have seen GT wheels (5 spoke 16's) on a 2ga Eclipse and it looked hideous. What MY Cobra will you be using for the pics?

Right now ive got 17x8 black bullets off the front of my stang on the front of my GS-T. Dont know the off set off the top of my head but it doesnt stick out bad and ive got 245/45 nitto 555r dragradials on without a problem

I know its a tad bit late but here are cobra wheels on the rear end of my Eclipse. The wheels stick out extremely, and did not fit very well as the tires hit the rear knuckles. And I didn't feel like putting them on the front, sorry.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Damn your bro's car is clean, but what retard put the wheel weights on the outside of the wheel? :ohdamn:

Guy with the blue 1g NT (maybe turbo now), has cobra wheels on his car...

Maybe let the car off the jack to see what it really does... Is that wheel the front or back off the cobra? cause aren't they different front and back? Skinnier different offset in front and wider different offset in back?

I know its a tad bit late but here are cobra wheels on the rear end of my Eclipse. The wheels stick out extremely, and did not fit very well as the tires hit the rear knuckles. And I didn't feel like putting them on the front, sorry.

Whoa! Glad I didn't get them!

But, thank you so much for actually stealing your brothers rim to snap a picture for us all.

Thanks a lot bro, big ups for you! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Guy with the blue 1g NT (maybe turbo now), has cobra wheels on his car...

Maybe let the car off the jack to see what it really does... Is that wheel the front or back off the cobra? cause aren't they different front and back? Skinnier different offset in front and wider different offset in back?

The jack was lowered and the car was resting how it should. If I remember correctly those were the front wheels.

Whoa! Glad I didn't get them!

But, thank you so much for actually stealing your brothers rim to snap a picture for us all.

Thanks a lot bro, big ups for you! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

For sure man, sorry it took so long!

holy hell, then I can only imagien what the rears would be....

The guy in the 1gb blue talon had to run fender flares.

And just for correction I learned today that the wheels are the same size all the way around. Well thats what my brother said.

It might fit a 2g if you run skinnier tires to clear the rear knuckles. Once the wheel was installed you couldn't rotate the wheel because the tire rubbed so much.

Do mustang wheels fit??? yes they do, here is a set of 1999 mustang GT 35 anniversary wheels

They currently have P215/50/R17 tires and will be replaced by P/205/40/R17

Not gonna lie, that actually looks good.

Why the change to a narrower tire though?

Ah, you're FWD :(

EDIT: I think they should fit. I'll have to buy a set and try em out.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly the 03-04 cobra's had wider wheels then the other cobra's, gt's and v6's. Anniversary wheels don't look too bad on there though.

Yea, I've found that depending on which "level" of Mustang you're looking at the wheels change. The higher performance cars tend to run the wider rim (for obvious reasons); some are even staggered where the rears are wider than the front.

As brandon found out, your baser model Mustang will have wheel options more useable in other platforms.

On that note, I'd love to find a set of Cobra R wheels or Saleen wheels for my GT; because these are some of the ugliest wheels Ford ever made IMO! (They were the stock "optional 17"" wheel in 1994-95 called "tri-bar")

Attachments

• 41042_487638274898_570199898_6920197_5357399_n.jpg
    41042_487638274898_570199898_6920197_5357399_n.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 110
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back