The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Will K&N FIPK fit an Injen intake pipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmoore

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2006
St, Louis, Missouri
Hey guys, i am looking at the Injen intake kit for my 97 GST. Will my K&N air filter (pictured below) fit on the Injen intake pipe? I have heard two things, one that the k&n filter WILL fit and another that the k&n air filter WILL NOT fit. I want to save a little money if i could by keeping my filter on the injen intake that i already have rather than buying and new filter that comes with the kit. Thanks!:dsm:

Don't the dejon intake pipes work with the K&N FIPK kit well? I would definatly look into that before paying big bucks on something that will be a very tight squeeze.

The Dejon works better cause the pipe is shorter. You can use the mounting hardware that comes with the K&N FPIK if you have the Dejon.
If I didnt already have the injen intake I would buy the Dejon kit.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this one..?? its super cheap and it should work the same as the Injen and dejon. Is just a pipe.

Thats what i got. I have a K&N cone on right now thats pretty small, but as long as its shorter than 6 inches long the K&N filter works GREAT on it. It was the first mod i did to my car, and its been perfect for 3 months or so now.

No way would I cut into a $250.00 intake.

Who the #### spends 250$ on a 2.5 foot pipe with a couple vacuum fittings and a 3" pipe welded to it? I could have made one out of dirt and magic dust for that price.

And if it let me fit a longer air filter with more surface area, I would cut that pipe no how much money I threw at it.

Put mine in yesterday, fits around my long-route pipe.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back