The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

will DSM's ever be a classic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leakyfaucet said:
I disagree with this... The domestics have WAY more aftermarket than the imports... And no, I'm not talking about stickers and bright colored spark plug wires. I'm talking about actual performance parts.

Are you only referring to the US market? There are a shitload of parts over in Japan where they happen to be domestics.

looks classic to me :dsm:

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 451
I'm just curious to see what you guys think. Considering I dont think I want to ever get rid of my car, I wonder how the general public will perceive a DSM in 15-20 years. Will they be classics? Or do you think a classic car has to be an American V8?

A classic car doesnt have to be a v8, but our precious dsms will not be on that list. They were mass produced and you still see them everywhere, although most arent even in decent shape. The 4g63 is what makes the dsms so special, thats why other tuners give much respect to our community, at least i would hope so, our engines are similar to the standards of a mk4 supra engine, just a downgrade. Theres been a couple of threads on this, search and youll find some good ones. Supra's, MR2's, 3rd gen rx7s, those could be classics, but technically anything older than 20 or 25 years is a classic.

My 240 Z was a classic. Datsun/nissan has a few cars that are classic, the roadster, and the Z, and the 510. They don't have to be american v-8s. Our cars are just not collectable, sure they are very nice and most are hot, but unless it's a limited production or a supercar, anything from the 90's to now won't be on a collector cars list. :cry:

It's an econobox 'sport compact'. No, they won't be.

I dont' think we will ever see them become classis. Far too many of them were produced.

You never know look at Bel-airs they were mass produced. It comes down to the market. If you look at the market now what people had 20 years ago such as camoros and cudas now get huge money. I am not saying that they will be but you never know.

Well ive been watching it all week, its boring but i cant believe the people spending 50K, 100K and some cars even 1 million, mostly classic cars, muscle cars, exotic, race cars etc etc. So I was wondering maybe in 40 to 50 years from now is it possible to find a 1991 Galant VR4 with 3K miles completely stock and clean and some of us bidding $75K on it? Maybe $50K for a Type R? or $100K+ for the last Evo 9 with the last 4G63 ever built?

What else would you like to see?

The way dsms are going, so many (including awds) are getting cut up and abused. So the ones left are ones cared for, leaving a limited amount remaining.
They're so cheap, anyone picks it up, blows the motor, sells it for the shell, shell most likely goes to the scrap yard.

But I started a list on talk about what cars from our generation we think would be collector cars.
For sure the rx7. 3000gt vr4 and most likely Galant vr4, I believe also the 300zx :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back