The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Will a 93 rear bumper fit on a 90?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProjectAWDeagle

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2003
B.C.Canada
Hello,

I am currently looking into restoring my 1990 eagle talon, and along with a fully built new motor, I want to improve the body. I really wanted to do something different and I thought that it would be cool to put the tail lights and rear bumper from a 93 on my 90. I am looking at an aftermarket front bumper, but haven't quite decided on that fully. So does anyone have any experience with this? Is it simply just a bolt ( I know that the bolts holes will be different) on procedure, with no complex body work.

Michael :talon: :D

the corner is diffrent so you need the bumper cover but since you are getting that evry thing will fit i plan to do this to my 91 eclipse

yes, you will just need the tail lights (all 3 peices) and the 93 rear bumper. if anything, you may have to drill a few holes. also its possible that the connectors for the lights may be different (they were when i put talon lights on my eclipse) all you have to do it pull the bulbs and wires from your 90 lights, and put them into the 93 lights and your back in buisness :thumb:

I have 92 tailights and bumper cover on my 90 tsi. It all bolts up, but you do have to make a few small mods to the tailight wiring.

Highpsi when you just replace your eclipse bumper cover with the talon one. I'm waiting for my talon cover in the mail but it looks like where the bolts on top of the cover, the piece they go into is in the way of the talon cover. I hope that makes sense.

There's a metal crush piece behind the cover that's different as well, that will more than likely have to be cut off/welded on. It's different where the center taillight sections dips down on the 92-94 Talons. I was looking into doing the same thing, but said fuggetaboutit when I saw that peice. So I've still got a red '93 Talon bumper cover in my rafters :mad:

i did this twice cause i wreck my car and had to switch it over to the new one. the rail that the top of the cover bolts onto needs to be cut basiclly at the seam of the lights, left and right i used a sawzall once you cut the piece just take a hammer and bend the center piece down and bolt the bumper up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back