The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Will 4g64 wideblock bolt onto a stock starion tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman4lyfe

Probationary Member
Oct 25, 2021
Tacoma, Washington
Had a question about swapping a 4g64 wideblock 6 bolt into a stock starion tranny, will this actually bolt straight on?

I would very highly recommend perusing this entire website. It has endless information about 4G6x swapping Starions and which transmissions mate with which blocks. I've linked to the specific page that will give you your answer. There's also info about engine mounts on the main page.

I would very highly recommend perusing this entire website. It has endless information about 4G6x swapping Starions and which transmissions mate with which blocks. I've linked to the specific page that will give you your answer. There's also info about engine mounts on the main page.
I have been using the project zero g website to base a lot of my information about the swap on my starion currently. Follow up question does anyone know of anyone that has done the swap?

I've done the swap. I have a bunch of photos and I had a build thread over on starquestclub but it looks like the site had some issues and lost a ton of data including most of the post in my thread.
Edit: I did not use the 4g64 head, I used a 63 DOHC head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back