The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

wierd trans- electrical maybe???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chitalon

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2003
TexasUS
okay, so i have a 91 eagle talon that i have recently rebuilt the trans. after many problems solved i have yet come across another. when i first start my car and dive off it runs excellent in both reverse and foward, but after 5 minutes it begins to slip untill it no longer moves .now, when i turn off the car after it stops running i hear a click coming from a relay behind the radio, after the click i turn the car back on and it runs normal again untill it starts to slip and its the same thing over and over.
Any ideas
and what is that relay for because when i unplug it the car will not start.
also today at autozone while removing it it made a spark and blew the mpi fuse
Thanks in advance:confused: :talon:

If your car slips and loses movement after 5 minutes of driving and will work again after you shut it off, it may be clogging up the trans filter.

When a car is shut off the junk can fall out of the filter and it will stay unclogged until the debris gets sucked back into it.

I haven't ever seen an electrical problem cause no movement, at worst it will cause limp (third gear only).

-John

i changed the filter and the oil and to my surprise when i removed the transmission pan there was alot metal shavings,
when i put the new filter on it ran well, but this time it started to slip like an hour after and then back to the same thing. so i now guess that transmission is out again after a new rebuild kit:mad:

please tell me im wrong:cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back