The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

wierd popping noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboDSMer

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
Burlington, Massachusetts
I have the tokico Illumina suspension kit and since the install when ever i jack the front of the car up once all the weight has been taken off the front of the car i hear a loud popping noise. I just figured what ever but now it is starting to make the same noise when ever i make right hand turns. Could the spring not be set properly on the perch or is it some thing else.

Hi,

Have you taken the tires off and done a visual inspection yet? Jack it up and check out how the spring is seated. Plus check all your boots (CV, balljoint). Then check your tie rod ends and your ball joints by moving the tire. It shouldnt move excesivly in either direction(Shake side to side for tie rod ends, and top and bottom for ball joint). And just make sure that everything is in good condition.

Bill

And then there's this question: has the ball-joint recall been done?

- Jtoby

And, even if it has, I've found that the lower lat arms are done after about 5 years. I chased a "pop" around the front suspension, replacing nearly every part before it dawned on me that my "new" control arms were not so new anymore. A fresh set eliminated the pops.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back