The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wideband won't read.. MTXL DSMLINK

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zufelt

Proven Member
Oct 15, 2012
Lemoore, California
What's up guys.. Well, just got everything installed and was so stoked! I figure logging would be a cinch. I'm having a problem with my MTXL wideband logging inside of DSMlink. I have seen countless threads about putting the brown wire into the 76 pin if you have the wideband in the front 02. I have e my wideband inside a deprecate bung.. So I'm assuming the brown wire, connects to pin 75, for the rear 02.. If that is the case I can't seem to get my wideband to log in dsmlink. I can o Lu find LC1 and LC2 from I novative. Then it stays at 7:1 the whole log.. Perhaps I'm just not understanding..

mtxinstall [ECMTuning - wiki]

http://www.dsmlink.com/images/forums/2GECUPinout.pdf

widebandbasics [ECMTuning - wiki]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I just can't seem to get it, seemed to be upfront.

The wideband signal on the MTX-L is actually the yellow wire. That should go into whatever pin you plan on using in the ECU.

I actually tried both, it doesn't matter to me what pin I choose I figure pin 75 which is the rear 02 would be best. So I went into link clicked the ecu pin and assigned the rear 02 as a lc1 wideband since its the closest thing to mine. I also put the rear 02 as a wideband.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know I don't need the mileage etc, I was just messing with all the displayed values.

Sorry for the bad picture but I have it on the fifth input here

Wideband reads 14.5-15 at the moment.

So with the yellow wire input to pin 75, you get a static 7.3 in link? Are you positive you input to pin 75 and not one of the other two white wires that are right near it?

What does the gauge read?

I wonder if its because I'm logging a lc1 while my wideband is a mtxl?

it shouldn't matter if lc1, because there's no mtxl for the drop down. i used lc1 for my set up but used it in front o2 and enable narrowband.

it shouldn't matter if lc1, because there's no mtxl for the drop down. i used lc1 for my set up but used it in front o2 and enable narrowband.

I'm completely at a loss then.. Because everyone has there's in the front.

Uhh it just started working guys.. Random as fudge.

Did you really just twist the wires together as shown in the picture above? If so, I'd venture to guess you don't have the greatest connection.

But either way, glad to hear it's working now.

Yeah it was all temp till I could find out what worked, wasn't Ben under the carpet either :thumb: and thanks, it was random that it just started working, could have eel the connection like you said.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back