The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Wideband with DSM Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldman said:
Luke, do you have links to info on the buffer circuit?

It's a Texas Instruments TLV2371IDBVR, you can get it from Digikey for a couple dollars. It's very small and requires some pretty decent soldering skills to solder the wire onto it, which is why I had somebody else do it for me.

GVR4592 said:
It's a Texas Instruments TLV2371IDBVR, you can get it from Digikey for a couple dollars. It's very small and requires some pretty decent soldering skills to solder the wire onto it, which is why I had somebody else do it for me.
Damn it Luke, I was hoping you won't reply so I can go MAFT :) , back to the 2G mas.

In the link I provided, you can see screenshots of the log program. It has A/F's and RPM's on a graph.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't know if this helps you any now, but to respond to your original post Techedge widebands can use the $38 wideband o2's you were refuring to. I use the plx/dsmlink combo and love it. I recenly realised how usefull it is to have a narrowband simulator option with a wideband after having my turbo explode and take out the front o2 :)

brute said:
In the link I provided, you can see screenshots of the log program. It has A/F's and RPM's on a graph.

As an FYI.. the datalogging software that comes with any of the Innovate products will only log sensors that are connected to their products. If you buy the LC-1, only WBO2 would be displayed in Log Works. If you wanted to log other sensors (RPM, MAP, IAT..etc) as well, you'd have to purchase one of the other Innovate products (Aux-Box for instance) to route the sensors to and then "daisy chain" along with the LC-1 to get that neat graph example you posted.

DSMLink, on the other hand is pulling data from the ECU, so any sensor connected to it including the (unused on most 1Gs) EGR-T and the 2Gs MPD which can be calibrated for many non-oem sensors (EGT, MAP, IAT, WBO2) and logged within the DSMLink application :dsm:

Wow John, without you I never would've known that. Thanks! I guess I'll be going with the LC-1, doing all logging and changing strictly through DSM Link. Then a MAP sensor down the line to calibrate the GM MAF and translator I have. Thanks for all the help everyone has provided. I've learned a lot!

Hey oldman, i bought a m-300 and I remember after reading all the good things about it in the Link forums, i found out the problems of it not registering below 11/1 afr AFTER i bought it. But i took some logs and it did actually read down to 10:1 with my comp. i remember some people saying it worked for them, and others said that it wouldnt go below 11:1. This was about 3 months ago though, and i havent been on the forums lately, so i could be wrong.

BTW, if you are going to get a wideband unit, its real convienent to have something that reads the numbers in real time. Dsmlink is a great tuning tool, but its not something that you can watch and pick out certain info while you are doing a pull. I personally like the plx m-300 for the fact that i can glance down at it during a pull and know if im leaning out too much before i have to finish the pull and pull the car over and review the log.
Just my $00.02

T9S1i said:
BTW, if you are going to get a wideband unit, its real convienent to have something that reads the numbers in real time. Dsmlink is a great tuning tool, but its not something that you can watch and pick out certain info while you are doing a pull
My $.000002 .. Without knock feedback / timing , the AFR number displayed is just that, a number. To tune you really need to know other factors (like the aformentioned Knock/Timing) as well as RPM, Injector DC%, Throttle Position.. to accurately tune your car / know when it is tuned well.

As an FYI, since the LC-1 has (2) programmable analog outputs, you can use one to datalog on DSMLink and set for 1V = 10:1 AFR 2V = 20:1 AFR and just plug into any multimeter or, better yet, one of those $7.99 LCD volt meter panels you see all over eBay :thumb: :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back