The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

wideband setups + dsmlink + logging setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swing lo said:
Why do you say that?

Few reasons,

1. General Chaos said he doesn't want a cluster of gauges.
2. Its pointless to spend additional $$ on a AEM UEGO 'WITH A GUAUGE' when you have DSMLink to log it.
3. I have one and thought it was a great idea at first....After using it for 5 minutes I realized it was a waste of money.

All you really need is a WB and controller that can send out the WB signal and be able to log independently if you don't have a third party device that can log the WB signal for you. Of course its all prefrence.

Cool, i just wanted to know your reason behind not getting a face gauge since you have one. I'm about to get dsmlink and was thinking about wbo2 as well, but this thread cleared up a lot of stuff for me. probably go with the plx m-300.

One more thing, i know how high and mighty dsmlink is, but would dsmlink carry a car into the 10's or 9's(given the proper tuner and mods)?

I keep hearing all these good things about it and was seriously contemplating AEM EMS, but i don't see why dsmlink couldn't put a car in the 10's or 9's for half the price of a full stand alone.

I'm not saying don't get a face gauge, if you want one go for it. Hell I'll sell you mine LOL and by the other version. I just don't see a need for one in my experience.

Just make sure you do all your research when selecting a WB. In regards to DSMLink I think its great. People have definetly gone 10s with it....I'm not sure about 9s, but maybe someone else can chime in.

great responses guys definately helped me and im sure plenty others a lot :thumb:

and yea their site says 9.7 on a stock auto trans or something like that.

So your saying that the WBo2 is supposed ot go to the rear 02 spot. does it say that in the instructions say that. If so i must have missed it? So when you put the kit in you jsut discard the front o2? and throw it away and plug hte hole?

liquordrunk said:
So your saying that the WBo2 is supposed ot go to the rear 02 spot. does it say that in the instructions say that. If so i must have missed it? So when you put the kit in you jsut discard the front o2? and throw it away and plug hte hole?

If you have the stock exhaust just put it where the rear o2 went and leave the front one in.

If you have aftermarket your going to want it at least 30 inches down the exhaust.

I am not going to read all that for one easy answer, so attach your wideband box output wire to an unused sensor wire (MDP, etc). On DSMlink, select the wieband value, select type and sensor it will be replacing.

Widebands are not necessary, but they are a VERY useful tuning tool.

PLX makes a Gauge type wideband too...

GeneralChaos said:
If you have the stock exhaust just put it where the rear o2 went and leave the front one in.

If you have aftermarket your going to want it at least 30 inches down the exhaust.

If you have the cat still in you must put it before it. Or if you have a test pipe and never plan on running a cat it work in the second O2 bung.

Also make sure you have no exhaust leaks before the sensor or you will get a very false reading.

I have an aem wideband and I am getting a dsmlink soon, so where do you get instructions on how to hook your aem wb up to the dsm link? also, disabling the front o2 and using the aem wb for narrow band sounds cool but where would someone get all this, the forum only?

Bastard1g said:
I have an aem wideband and I am getting a dsmlink soon, so where do you get instructions on how to hook your aem wb up to the dsm link? also, disabling the front o2 and using the aem wb for narrow band sounds cool but where would someone get all this, the forum only?

Yes, all the info. you need is on the forum, and if you have any questions they are very helpful. People that have DSM Link may be unwilling to post info. that is available on the DSM link forums because there have been illegitimate copies out there. So if you're looking for more than general information you probably won't get it. DSM Link is on sale for a little cheaper than its normal price right now.http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174460
Once you get it and are on the DSM Link forums, you'll have all the help you need.

Bastard1g said:
Wideband sensors aren't really needed all the time, although people do report their car runs better with the ECU's narrowband input being simuted by the wideband controller. Make sure you don't put that in the stock o2 position though, or else you'll be buying another o2 sensor real soon. People typically use DSMLink to turn off the CEL for the 2nd o2 sensor, and use the 2nd o2 sensor's input wire into the ECU to read the wideband.

Yea, I figured that info like that may be hard to come by but thats ok. I am going to buy it in 2 weeks, so I will let you know how it goes. I will probably sell my stage3 keydiver chip for a couple bucks to go towards my dsmlink.

karbon said:
Wideband sensors aren't really needed all the time, although people do report their car runs better with the ECU's narrowband input being simuted by the wideband controller. Make sure you don't put that in the stock o2 position though, or else you'll be buying another o2 sensor real soon. People typically use DSMLink to turn off the CEL for the 2nd o2 sensor, and use the 2nd o2 sensor's input wire into the ECU to read the wideband.

I have the aem allready installed in my exhaust where my 2nd 02 sensor was. sounds cool about using the wb for narrow band readings but I dont know how that would work. I have 2 output wires from the gauge, I need to find out which one goes where. I am guessing one of the output wires go to the signal wire on the sensor but what about power and ground for that harness? does the 2nd o2 sensor create votage or demand it?

Bastard1g said:
I have the aem allready installed in my exhaust where my 2nd 02 sensor was. sounds cool about using the wb for narrow band readings but I dont know how that would work. I have 2 output wires from the gauge, I need to find out which one goes where. I am guessing one of the output wires go to the signal wire on the sensor but what about power and ground for that harness? does the 2nd o2 sensor create votage or demand it?

The gauge-type controller does not have a simulated narrowband output. You'd need the full-feature controller unit here to get that functionality.

What about using the wb output in conjunction with the dsmlink? Possible to log my afr with the dsmlink?

Bastard1g said:
What about using the wb output in conjunction with the dsmlink? Possible to log my afr with the dsmlink?

Thats been my understanding of how it works.

i'll be ordering stuff soon so i'll keep everyone as up to date as possible when I get it.

Why do you say that he WB in the stock front location causes the sensor to die quickly? I have mine in that location running as a narrowband to my ECU as well. Just curious here as there was zero mention of distance in the installation instructions or anywhere on the PLX website.

16g-95gsx said:
Why do you say that he WB in the stock front location causes the sensor to die quickly? I have mine in that location running as a narrowband to my ECU as well. Just curious here as there was zero mention of distance in the installation instructions or anywhere on the PLX website.

To much heat. It wont fry it right away but it will go out quicker then normal. Most people recommend 30 inches down. On my stock exhaust im going to use the rear o2 bung but when I get aftermarket im not sure where im gonna put it, might have to install a new bung.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I need an answer. I am installing my plx m250, I have dsm link. I pulled the wiring harness out of the ecu and I researched that the inputs for the 02 front and rear are pins 76 and 75 respectivley. If I'm understanding this correctly I will tap the front o2 input (76) with the simulated narrowband (grey wire) from the wb02 controller, and tap the rear o2 input with the wbo2 signal (white wire). This will allow me to trick the Ecu with the simulated narrowband keeping it happy, and also enable me to log wideband voltages through the DSMlink. I think this is right but would like reassurance.

Brew

Also another question. Being that I'm connecting the power for the control unit to the power supply pin in the ECU, I was hoping to connect the ground wire from the control unit to the ground pin in the ECU. I read the 2g ECU pin outs and nowhere on the diagram in there a pin for ground. Now the instructions that came with the wideband say to connect both the power and ground wires as close to the ECU as possible. This is easy for the power supply wire but I cannot locate the ECU ground wire on the pin out diagram, so I don't know how im going to connect it "As close to the ECU as possible" without knowing which pin is the ground. Anyone know which one it is?

Thanks Again

Brew

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back