The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Wideband question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanzomg

Proven Member
May 18, 2015
melrose park, Illinois
my car has narrowband simulated through link and I have a AEM wideband hooked up to ecu. If my wideband sensor is taking a crap will this cause the car to run like crap as well??

You kinda need to define that though. Bad o2. Ecu doesn't know what to do so it will default rich. WOT ecu doesn't look at o2.
So what does " run like crap" mean

You kinda need to define that though. Bad o2. Ecu doesn't know what to do so it will default rich. WOT ecu doesn't look at o2.
So what does " run like crap" mean
Crap “loss of power randomly”. I don’t have 02 sensor it’s being simulated through LINK. Only have the 02 for wideband hooked up

Crap “loss of power randomly”. I don’t have 02 sensor it’s being simulated through LINK. Only have the 02 for wideband hooked up
I don't think you understand how this works. Ecu can't use a wideband input. Ecmlink allows you to take the wideband input and "simulate" narrowband.
Random loss of power? Probably not.
How do you know wideband is going out? Logged it?

I don't think you understand how this works. Ecu can't use a wideband input. Ecmlink allows you to take the wideband input and "simulate" narrowband.
Random loss of power? Probably not.
How do you know wideband is going out? Logged it?
The wideband reads completely lean under any load, OR it’ll read 13.3 constantly under any load or it’ll be erratic jumping around rapidly.
During partial throttle the car will almost “bog down” is the best way I can explain it

Sensor is likely dying based on what you describe. As previously mentioned, when the wideband is your only o2 sensor you're relying on it for your fuel trims.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back