The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

General wideband o2 sensor questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK9er

Proven Member
Jun 1, 2014
lincoln, Nebraska
I have an Innovate MTX-L Plus gauge and my AFR started going pretty crazy a couple days ago. I figured it was time to replace my wideband. It is not that old at all, but I have it in the stock forward location. I ordered a cheaper one off of amazon https://www.amazon.com/.../ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02...
I got around to installing it today. Everything went well and it calibrated just fine. The car started just fine. After not even a minute, the AFRs started jumping around and the gauge errored out. Do I have to buy the more expensive sensors for my gauge, or is there something else going on?

I would check the wiring and make sure it didn't get damaged/melted by the exhaust. That's what happened when my wires accidentally sat on the turbine housing.

how did you check this? All of my stuff is tucked away and wrapped in loom. Can you ohm them out at the gauge?

I am starting to suspect it might be a wiring thing... my other innovate gauge started acting up a few days later. The oil temp jumps around like the AFRs... UGH!!!! Why cant anything be easy!

Well, I think it was copper anti seize. I must of put too much on. When I took of the sensor I could see how it must of melted and ran right into the hole of the sensor. I did end up putting an bosch in anyway. Works fine now!

I have an Innovate MTX-L Plus gauge and my AFR started going pretty crazy a couple days ago. I figured it was time to replace my wideband. It is not that old at all, but I have it in the stock forward location. I ordered a cheaper one off of amazon https://www.amazon.com/.../ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02...
I got around to installing it today. Everything went well and it calibrated just fine. The car started just fine. After not even a minute, the AFRs started jumping around and the gauge errored out. Do I have to buy the more expensive sensors for my gauge, or is there something else going on?
You are better off replacing the sensor with the same sensor that came with the gauge. If I'm not mistaken most all aftermarket downpipes have the wideband bung further downstream so that they don't get burned out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back