The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

wideband o2 sensor for tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlnpwr

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2003
MarylandUS
ok, i tried the search, but there wasnt too much that was displayed. a lot of stuff for a/f questions and stuff like that......

but anyway...i was wondeirng what some of your opinions are on which would be a good/accurate wideband o2 sensor to use for tuning? let's see what everyone thinks.

Tuning with a wideband and a logger is best. Tuning with just a logger is better than tuning with just a wideband.

really? i thought that since the logger is still just going off the readings of the O2 sensor, it's not going to be as accurate as a wideband since it is just that. :confused:

The stock O2 sensor is accurate, but not at the rich A/F ratios you want at WOT.

The logger shows timing advance/retard, and if you have a 1g, knock. You're better off tuning for knock then tuning for A/F ratio, if you can only do one or the other.

Like I said before, the best option is both.

hey thanks for that thread. i remember reading something about that b4. but seems like a lot of stuff going on with it. i dont know much about this stuff, so im looking for something as a package. i kept reading that there was a package, but i couldnt find a package price. i know FJO sells something and there price is like about $600 or something depending on what kind of display u would like. i personally like the supposed $300 price on that kit, but i cant find the package deal, LOL. :D

has anyone heard anything about these.....

Innovate Motorsports wideband

seems pretty nice. i think im going to pick this one up. a buddy of mine has this for his VW vr6-t. he likes it & says it's easy to use.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back