The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Wide band install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guamboyeli

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2012
North las vegas, Nevada
Is the wide band just a sensor and a gauge or do i have to hook up other equipment stuff. Do I have to do tuning after? Do i need a ecm link to use it??? so many questions.

it is both. it measures A/F ratio. really important when doing any tuning.
dont necessarly need ecmlink but that is what it is mostly used with.

You could have just continued this conversation in your other thread... but I'll be nice.

First, just so you are aware, A LOT of your questions, if not all, have been already asked and answered here on DSMTuners. I suggest that you try to use the search feature in the forum. There truly a lot of VERY useful threads out there. You just have to spend the time to read and find the answers.

To answer your questions above:

Wideband O2:
The most common of this is a combination of the A/F ratio sensor and a gauge that outputs the A/F ration on the gauge so that you are able to accurately see if your A/F ratio is too lean, rich, etc. (A/F = Air/Fuel). You would not need to perform any tuning after the installation of this sensor.

Here are some examples.
EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

AEM Wideband O2 UEGO Gauge - Monitor Air/Fuel Ratio with the Digital 30-4100 - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics

ECMLink:
ECMLink, also known as DSMLink is tuning software created and provided by ECMTuning.

Site:
ECMTuning, Inc.

Again, although you are eager to learn, I would caution you against just posting new threads about questions that have been asked a hundred thousand times by other new members. Just search around the site, pick up a copy of the Chilton's or Haynes service manuals, and start reading. You will learn a LOT of information simply by searching through all the amazing resources available to you on this site. You just have to go look for them. Good luck!

:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back