The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Why not Megan Coilovers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was in a pinch a the beginning of the 2014 SCCA season and picked up some Megans, ive been doing nothing but kicking ass with them so I cannot complain. Some of you may have seen me at this past DSM Shootout.

When I can, I will get a better set, but I had a major malfunction and needed something to put on the car so it could drive.

I keep a close eye on them and keep them clean.

I put Megans on my 1g recently. Launching the car is AMAZING, there's is a video comparison before and after I shot at 14:14 in the video below. The handling is awesome, but the ride is a bit too harsh for daily use I think. These came with 12kg/mm (672 lb/in) springs up front and 10kg/mm (560 lb/in) springs in the rear, which is REALLY stiff. The STOCK spring rates were 146 lb/in up front and 140 lb/in in the rear, so these are almost 5x more stiff than stock. I'm going to try swap the springs out for 350 lb/in all around and see how that does.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Actually for a plush ride you might be better off with a little more spring and less compression damping..

I've been playing with spring rate and damping on my rear shock on a dritbike I built. The shofter compression valving with stiffer spring defiantly works better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back