The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Why Me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backinajiffy12

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2008
Shakopee, Minnesota
So I had a thread earlier that talked about what all 4 wheels locking up might be and we all agreed on the transfer case. well i just got off the phone with my trans. shop and both the tranny and the T-case went :beatentodeath: and its going to be expensive a shit. Who else has this happened to?

DAM never had that happen to me.... oh yeah I'm fwd. but man I've had my share of trannys go on me. good luck hope it isn't that much to repair

It hasn't happened to me personally but a friend of mine had a transfercase lock up on his while driving and that was bad news. It screwed up the rear end also. Quick trip to Evansville Indiana and got a transmission for $49 and the rear end for $25 at Liberty Pull-a-part.

It hasn't happened to me personally but a friend of mine had a transfercase lock up on his while driving and that was bad news. It screwed up the rear end also. Quick trip to Evansville Indiana and got a transmission for $49 and the rear end for $25 at Liberty Pull-a-part.

Man, thats a steal price! Hopefully I will remember this if/when my shit ever goes out.

About a month after I got my DSM, the tcase grenaded, and since I was a pimple faced kid who didn't know jack about these cars yet, it went to a garage.

'New' t-case and trans, new clutch and passenger front axle later, I was $1500 lighter in the seat of the pants.

Oh, to be young and naive.

My transmission and tcase were used as well. It's the labor that kills you (not that that many parts are cheap).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back