The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

why low oil pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90GSXBooster

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2003
Miami
ok so i got done rebuilding my top end did all the belts and i drove my car around for a day and it overheated on me on the highway, not all the way just before the red line. Replaced the cas becuase the wires where bad and also i figured out it was a bad thermostat that made the car overheat and took the thermo out. Now i took the car around for a drive and it only drives for about 5 mins turn off and wont start back up unless u let it sit. Get it started again and the car has low oil pressure now . So what do you think is causing the car to not idle? .. im not sure how oldthe pvc valve on the car is .. could that cause low oil pressure?? Also i have a stupid breather filter thing on the valve cover and well it looks like the car has blow by but it doesnt smoke white from the exhaust just black and only when i floor it.. I think the vacuum hoses are on wrong but the car ran fine before the overheating on the highway, but i do think i might have change one or two around after because of some diagram i saw .. so what do u guys think it is? Hope u guys can help me .. thanks

Carlos

also forgot to mention that the turbo that i bought the car with was bad so i replaced with another one .. this one spins free and no shaft play but maybe it took the seal or something? anyways hope i can get some help from u guys thanks
Carlos

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back