The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Why is my gsx so hard to turn around? How can I resolve issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipsereyesgsx

Probationary Member
Oct 20, 2021
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have a 95 GSX and I almost always have to do 3 points making a U turn or cutting into the second lane over making a intersection u turns. I don't if it has original suspension, all I know is I got OEM springs.

What they said. Also from personal experience I've noticed a difference when you run bigger and wider wheels/tires. There is a road with a U turn in my town which back in the day I could take in one go both in my GS and my AWD TSi. But when I went from 205/15 to 225/17 tires I could no longer take that uey in one go.

But yeah, compared to other coupes/sports cars of the era that I've driven, the DSM has by far one of the worst turning radiuses.

Least you have big roads. Lol the UK have very small roads and even smaller compact cars can struggle and when i use the DSM i have to think about every junction and move in great detail or i risk damaging something. The motorways are fine and we tend to have mostly big roundabouts but when the small ones pop up it can be tricky, i have had to reverse before to make a turn into a road if im not coming into it straight enough

Least you have big roads. Lol the UK have very small roads and even smaller compact cars can struggle and when i use the DSM i have to think abkut every junction and move in great detail or i risk damaging something. The motorways are fine and we tend to have mostly big roundabouts but when the small ones pop up it can be tricky, i have had to reverse before to make a turn into a road if im not coming into it straight enough
Been there done that, didn't get killed in the roundabouts so that's a win for me :D

OP's car doesn't happen to have a welded center dif, does it???
That reduces turning radius also. I have one. It's not terrible and can turn but it scuffs the tires on a tight turn.

I still remember trying to park nose first into parking stalls (steering wheel cranked all the way over) with my TSI 15 years ago and always having to back up slightly otherwise I'd clip the car in the next stall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back