The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Why Do You Mod Your Car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a feeling a little sass check is in order soon ROFL

Anyway, I mod my car because I like to go fast and know that I'm faster than more expensive cars. But mainly because everytime something breaks I can find way to make it work again, but be much faster. Oh hell, I just want to be competitive in a shootout :D

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will fully comprehend. We build more than just cars.... we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our cars fast and hold our heads high, because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement to live life to the fullest and never fall victim to "the norm". Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our cars, yet shake our hands when we are done.

:)

I mod to keep clean. Although it isn't a DSM im modding on anymore, working/modding any car makes me happy, keeps my mind off the shit I used to do. And plus, I like it when my N/A mx-6 pulls on mustangs.

Its been about a month since my g/f of a year and a half broke up with me. @orking on/driving my dsm is the ONLY THING that can bring a smile to my face.

Right on..except i was engaged and we were together for 2 years....

More reasons:

Pride, power, showoff, sense of self-worth, chicks, anger reliever, love, show you own those ricers and to change tires ever 3 weeks...

These cars were engineered with a compromise towards comfort and convienence over performance. I modify my car to eliminate that compromise.

to make people driving v8's cry.

whats sad is that i actually was going for that at the beginning, this douche that lives down the street from me is "obsessed with cars" aka has been having his mid life crysis for the past 10 years. he never mods them and just lays down money whenever he wants something faster. he just buys the best car he can. him and his son are idiots and i still think he would break down and cry if he found out my talon was faster than his car. too bad its not.

seriously though, ive always enjoyed driving fast. i think cars take care of every interest ive ever had in my life. i loved legos and building things, micro machines and hotwheels still cover my closet floor. its something that you can say, look at how beautiful that is, then tack on, I DID THAT. and it also allows you to have a bench mark. go to the drag strip and see what you can get. its a form of, showing progress, and overall performance. having everyone always ask me "whens your car going to be done, i want to ride in it." and knowing that even though i probably wont give them rides (thank you bush for making gas so expensive), i could probably go a year with a different girl sitting shotgun every time i go wot. ive become the "school" mechanic. people call me daily to get my advice on car things. i just had someone begging me to come with them to pick out tires for their m3. too bad i had to practice pole vaulting before the big meet and work on my car. the respect i get for doing all this by myself is increadible. its all so easy for me, yet so hard for them.

It's just a passion of mine I guess. My dad liked to go fast, I like to go fast, and hopefully my son and so forth likes to go fast. Currently I'm broke so modding isn't a choice for me, calling places tomorrow for more hours.:thumb:

Chris:laser:

My previous post was possibly too.. off.

I modded my car because hey, is it not fun to go fast? :)

Chris couldn't have said it ANY better!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple. I love cars and speed. The DSM just represents my personality well - understated, yet passionate. I love seeing the surprised look I get when I tell people how fast my car is (or should be ). There's nothing quite like building up a car. When you've finished an installation and your car reacts well to a modification, there's no bigger sense of accomplishment and pride.

For me, it's all about the pure joy of driving. I like to drive my car fast, and I work hard to make it perform and handle the way I want it to. It's not necessarily about being faster than everyone else - though I am pretty competitive when I'm around my close friends. As long as my car isn't the slowest, I'm pretty content. Straight line speed is fun, but it's not the only thing for me. Personally, I like having a well balanced car.

Modding cars is an outlet for me, and it's a large part of who I am. It's as close as I've been able to get to racing so far. And there aren't many places I'd rather be than at a race track, smelling the fumes of race gas, and being surrounded by fast cars and other people who love cars as much as I do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gsxtacy

b\c you cant get in as much trouble in something stock that everbody else has.... and somebody has to show the others who is the boss (vtec).....

Because there for a brief moment..I thought the car would run long enough to mod..silly me.

Without sounding flowery, a GSX was always a dream car of mine. I've never had lofty aspirations of owning Porsche's or anything of the type. I wanted a car that could be built to perform way beyond it's stock setup without having to invest tens of thousands of dollars. It's been a long road over the last year getting everything right, but I've learned the all important value of tuning and how minor changes can have an amazing effect.

I've been into high performance since the mid 90's (when it was actually my career) and while that phase of my life has gone, the allure of cracking the throttle and going sideways has never faded. My wife even supports my goals and has been helpful by allowing me to realize them. Modding has been my outlet from the pressures of work, an escape from the daily grind and occasionally a source of frustration, but I wouldn't stop for anything.

Andy

Boost is addicting like some people have said once you feel boost it gets slow after a while and you just want more so what does that mean more $$$ into the car. So I guess I will begin our session today "Hi my name is bob and im addicted to BOOST". :toobad:

I Mod because I don't want to be the slowest one! :D

I mod because it is a passion. I love cars and the fact that you can make them so powerful. I love everything about them, the look, the power, the handling, the overall performance. It is an outlet of me. Plus, its a proven fact... girls are 78% more likely to go out with a guy again if he has a nice car and 99% if its a DSM :thumb: :D

Plus, its a proven fact... girls are 78% more likely to go out with a guy again if he has a nice car and 99% if its a DSM
Fayt! You're a genius! That's the most outstanding answer I've ever heard. You must have an I.Q. of a hundred and sixty! You are gifted, Fayt!
I almost didnt believe that. But then I thought about it. In highschool, I had the hottest chic. Then when we got to college she totally flaked on me. And at highschool I had my DSM, at college I don't have my DSM. It all makes sense now.

i mod my car cause i like to see it take shape into something truly one of a kind. i love having something NOBODY else in the world has, that is a feeling that makes me love my car even more. i love seeing it evolve into something it wasnt. i hated having a car thats the same as someone elses, or thats stock like millions other of the same make and model, that makes no sense to me. a car is an extention of the person. i love to work on them, alot of people get mad when working on their car, i do not. i know i can do it and it will get done, patience is the key over broken knuckles. when i go to bed, all i can think about from the time i hit the pillow to the time i actually finally pass out is what i want to do with it, how far i have to go till its done, what i need to do to get it done, how much it might cost, and the effect it will have on the overall status of the car. its a curse that automotive masterminds the likes of Chip Foose and Jesse James, Arlen Hess and the likes have to endure every night.

soon you will see the completed 02 stang of mine. i can assure you, while it follows the theme of a car loved by millions, it will have a truly one off persona. nobody will have a car that looks quite like this, few have tried, but where they failed, i will suceed. its a car that someday will grace the pages of MM&FF and make even Foose jealous. the stangs goal is quite different than my dsm's, its meant to be my super nice looking DD thats car show ready, but has balls to back up its looks and can prove it with a flick of the switch and a shifter mounted button engage a 100shot of nitrous on a modular(stroked/forged 4.6) with patriot heads and VT cams, fed through a TKO500 and 3.90 gearset out back with 315 wide deep dishes in the rear. if you know what im talking about, then you can also see where this car could go in the future. within a month it will be at the paint shop, base coat pepper silver with black racing stripes, and thats all im gonna say bout that. nobody in the world will have a '02 version of this car thats this true to its heritage. did i tell you its supposed to be a DD? if that excites you, the plans i have for my next DSM will make you nut. its never going to be registered as running, itll be registered as NonOp, no need to smog a car of this magnitude in cali.

Flash said:
I almost didnt believe that. But then I thought about it. In highschool, I had the hottest chic. Then when we got to college she totally flaked on me. And at highschool I had my DSM, at college I don't have my DSM. It all makes sense now.

i dont know dude, i was a virgin when i had my dsm. i got a stang and a month later got laid. maybe it was the convertible and purple(charcoal grey) color that threw them off, chicks dig black cars.

Its just so dang addictive. Its like its not even a problem when i have finnished buying my parts for the month and i am broke. I only have a problem with being broke because my parts list grows faster than my cash flow. Endless cycle I say. Its kinda funny when people ask when you are gunna be done with your car and you just chuckle a little and say "it will never be done". My car may not be the fastest but dang if it doesnt have the sleekest lines. Its not all about how fast it is, but its about having a passion for something. To everyone, be about something and when life gets you down, spool up! peace everyone

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back