The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Why do you love your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGst98

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2010
Concord, North_Carolina
I just took my car on a road trip, though it was only 180miles it was the longest drive yet. I got about 30mpg at 80mph constant. Makes me feel good when gas is raising in prices.

And when i got home i saw a guy in my neighboor hood working on a talon. I stoped to talk to him and instant friends. Got to love the dsm's and how they bring owners together. :hellyeah:

I like the 1Gs because they're such nameless underdogs. By that I mean, no one knows what they are and they never fail to shock people in terms of their capabilities.

Not to mention the value. With $5000, some patience, and a bit of DIY mechanical knowledge, you can go pretty damn fast.

Power+rawness+price=infatuation

That might only apply to 1Gs --^ :)

Yeah that's good because believe it or not it's hard to get dsm guys to get along, some just can't. I always try to make as many dam friends as I can wherever I go

I like the 1Gs because they're such nameless underdogs. By that I mean, no one knows what they are and they never fail to shock people in terms of their capabilities.

Not to mention the value. With $5000, some patience, and a bit of DIY mechanical knowledge, you can go pretty damn fast.

Power+rawness+price=infatuation

That might only apply to 1Gs --^ :)

Yea haha, none of that applies to the fat, flashy sisters of the 1g's

As my little brother says. "Buya DSM, get a free community."

For the most part, a lot of DSMers get a long, and are willing to help eachother out in a pinch cause of our shared interest. That whole solidarity thing. :)

It's more of a love hate relationship..I love the car but hate to work on it..Old cars = things break..Like bolts..Old bolts break, and causes me to hate it.Ohh and some bolts get so old they don't want to come off..

Damm Mitseubishi with their organic bolts..

I appreciate all DSm 1g or 2g sometimes even coustome DSMs like that street buggy thats on the front page. that thing is nasty in a good way!

I love DSMs... 'Cause they love me! Seriously, my car almost always breaks within the boundaries of my property. Sometimes a few blocks away. (knock-on-wood) I'm pretty sure it was 1998 the last time my car sent me hiking down the interstate to call a tow truck. That was a bad alternator. Even when my ECU blew up, the car let me drive it home, and then to the dealership. Hell, even when that car got totaled, in a head-on collision, I could have driven it home. Except the headlights were smashed, and it was dark.

I'll admit I'm cheating, since all I've ever had was FWD DSMs, but I still love it. It's so cheap and reliable.

The spool makes me jiz in my pants!! so does pulling on corvettes. :)

Because we all look out for each other for the most part and the body lines on a 2g are SEXY as hell.

Cause it takes some intelligence to build these cars right and keep them running. Most people whine, complain and bash others until they give up selling the car (which has probably been pretty abused) and never meet their goals... this makes owning a nice dsm thats making some power sort of special.

Because she's always faithful and won't cheat on you. She always starts right up with your key only and whenever your down she's always there to cheer you up.

Cheap speed.

She always keeps me busy with something to fix

To add to this - If there is a major problem I can pull the head in a hour if need be and get it back up and running by the end of the night :thumb:

Easy to work on! (lots of room)

A lot of vehicles are too cramped under the hood

I enjoy my car for many reasons...
Looks
Reliability
I know how to work on them
Great starting platform to build power
Good following
AWD traction
I like the ergonimics of the 2g interior... it's just a nice place to be.
The car is pretty agile for what it is
Easy to weave through traffic
Isn't crazy expensive to mod
It's paid off (paid cash for it but still...)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back