The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Why do women do this $h!t??? (Rant: Just venting)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPSIRacing

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2004
Chandler, Arizona
My woman saved up 2K to buy a car, pay tags... and a week ago she asked me to go with her to shop for cars. (I am an ASE certified mechanic for what that's worth) I was cool with it, but in traditional female fashion she liked all the F-ing junkers that had pretty paint jobs and TONS of mileage on them. Yesterday we finally found a 87 Civic (I know, but it's for her not me) in good shape with 117K on it, a new metalic blue paint job an auto tranny, a ton of new parts... (she didn't want a 5-speed even though she drives them just fine). I talked the guy into giving me a great deal on it and she was all happy and said that she'd go down there and pay him today since it was about 7pm and the ATM's won't shell out that kinda cash. I tryed to call her this morning and no answer, I called a little later and her sister told me she was taking a shower and would have her call me right back, I called back a half an hour later and no answer. She finally called me back 3 hours later and tells me she bought a car, I said, "so you went and bought it then?" She tells me no and that she went out shopping for cars and bought an 89 civic hatch 5-speed with over 200K on it cause it's F-ing metalic purple and has a F-ing CD player in it. I am so irritated, frusterated with her I don't know what to say or do. She did the classic woman, "Don't be mad" and I said the classic "I'm not" even though I am. I just don't want to be fixing someone elses problem, I've got my car for that! (I love my car!) Thanks for reading my rant! Any input welcome unless it's downright rude.
:mad:
L8

Well that's what I plan on, but I was going to buy the other F-ing car for her on Fri and she knew that. :mad:

you know what sometimes i dont expect more from some females and then they question the actions of you.

I shook the dude's hand and everything, what can I do now? Just call the dude and tell him the deal's off? (basically F-off) I know in Cali a hand shake is legally binding... I don't know about AZ, couldn't this dude take me to small claims for this? :confused:

atleast you have a lady in your life to put you thru that hell. Let her do what she wants, she'll learn the hard way.

I guess it's better she spent her own $ than mine. I guess I should get over it... after all more $=more mods! :D

just call the guy and tell him she went off and bought a diff. car without you knowing. he'll understand. as for her, when it breaks just fix it and move on, theres nothing you can do about it now.

let her learn to fix it, as for the other car, let her call and tell them she picked something up, its not your responsibility

A) It's just a car.

B) The best thing you can do at this point is tell her why you're upset that she bought the pretty paint job instead of the reliable car. Support her choice...it is her choice...even if you don't agree with it and be ready to fix it when it breaks.

Thanks, I'll have her call the dude. As for fixing it when it breaks the only thing I'll be doing is dropping in a B16 or larger. You guys must be a bit older than me to be that insightful about it. I guess I'll go work on my car and get over it. My PC at home is broke but the car is more important. Back on monday...

L8 :cool:

Yeah, most women are like that. Dumb. They only care for what they see. Happened to me once a few years ago. This chick always dragging me to go help her shop for a car but all my suggestions turned into, "...but it has a scratch on the seat...but it has no *insert useless item here*.." That's when it got old and I told her to f*ck off and quit wasting my precious time.

Guess what? You will be fixing that car when it breaks down (although you think right now you will not). It's called pu$sy power. :shhh: Yes gentlemen, women beckon it when the need arises. :thumb: Good luck there bud. :)

diambo4life said:
Guess what? You will be fixing that car when it breaks down (although you think right now you will not). It's called pu$sy power. :shhh: Yes gentlemen, women beckon it when the need arises. :thumb: Good luck there bud. :)

:laugh: :laugh:

HighPSIRacing said:
Thanks, I'll have her call the dude. As for fixing it when it breaks the only thing I'll be doing is dropping in a B16 or larger. You guys must be a bit older than me to be that insightful about it. I guess I'll go work on my car and get over it. My PC at home is broke but the car is more important. Back on monday...

L8 :cool:

older than you i seriously doubt. iam 22 and about the bind of you two between a handshake or not he cant do anything you dont even have to call him. if anyhting was going to happen he was to have you put a non-refundable hold on the car till you came back but you didnt do that so you have nothing to worry about cause you didnt lose money on this its your girls car she paid for it. let her deal with the faults in it.. the only thing you can do now is be there to help her out when the happen.

I can see why you are upset. When I go with someone to help them look for cars I let them know what the deal is ahead of time. I let them know that they asked me to come out and help them pick a car that isnt a POS. If they want a pretty car, or one thatis loud find someone else. If I strongly disagree with a car they buy I let them know I wont help them fix it. They bought a ####ed up car they can figure out how to fix it.

boostedinaz said:
I can see why you are upset. When I go with someone to help them look for cars I let them know what the deal is ahead of time. I let them know that they asked me to come out and help them pick a car that isnt a POS. If they want a pretty car, or one thatis loud find someone else. If I strongly disagree with a car they buy I let them know I wont help them fix it. They bought a ####ed up car they can figure out how to fix it.

Except for me right because it was a DSM and such :thumb:

What?! Why is she out of the house? Tell her to get back in the kitchen where she belongs and bake you a pie. She shoud know better than that! It's the mans job to buy the cars and stuff.

O yea, I forgot about the whole pus$y power thing. On second thought, don't do that.

Dump her ass. If she does this now with you, itll happen later too.
If she's just a booty call then leave it as that.

-Dallas J

Well its a honda so im sure it'll last another 100K. A friend of mine has a red 91 hatch at 290K and still going strong....

Slipstream said:
A) It's just a car.

B) The best thing you can do at this point is tell her why you're upset that she bought the pretty paint job instead of the reliable car. Support her choice...it is her choice...even if you don't agree with it and be ready to fix it when it breaks.

No. Do NOT support her choice- it does not count because she is too stupid apperantly to make an educated one. Don't fix it when it breaks. Instead say, "I told you so", and let her worry about it. If colors are more important than a car that works, she can look at a pretty car on a towtruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back