The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Why do I not understand ? (rant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwdturbobov1996

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2004
Blue Springs, Missouri
all the tuning articles . Maybe it is because im 16 , or i have not even seen the product or tried using it. Im trying to research them b/c Im buying a 91 awd tsi with 118k that has a safc-II and a datalogger , so im trying to become familiar with them . The tech articles help me out somewhat but i dont understand half of what they are talking about .

You are on the right path! It takes a while to put it all together, but it is great to see someone with a great attitude about learning! :thumb:

It will all come together, I would start with doing some searches on this site regarding whatever issue you are trying to figure out, there are tons of informative threads here!

Again, you have my admiration for being proactive. Good luck and happy modding! :thumb:

www.howstuffworks.com

check out that website. It gives pretty acurate descriptions on how engines, turbochargers, differentials, etc. Its an awesome site because they give 3d pictures, which help alot if you learn better visually. Hope it helps

Don't worry. It's not you. I didn't know jack until about two years ago. I still don't know much but allot more than I did. It's like anything. you can't expect to understand it right away. Just ask allot of questions and read allot. Then if you can find someone that knows DSM's, ask them questions till your blue. It takes time. Let us know when you get the TSI. this is a great place to get questions answered.

yeah ive been into DSMs for about 2 years now and im finally understanding WHY a turbo makes your car fast, what parts help do what, etc. it just takes time, and lots of reading. 80% of everything i know about cars i learned on this site, the rest from experience and friends

Well to start off i would say afcs and dateloggers probably arent the place to start learning about dsms. Start from the ground up look at stage 1 mods than research them and why you should get the. Just read as much as possible. When you finally start doin stuff to yuor car and if you install it yourself things will come more clear and you will start to understand how things work.

It's also hard to learn about AFC's and pocketloggers without having them around to look at and mess with.

guys i know some of the basics .. but since the car is coming with them . Im wanting to know .

the best way to learn is to use it when you get it...you can read all you want on something and get the basics but its hard to figure it out without it sitting in front of you...when you get it you wont be so pissy :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back