The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Why Do I Bother

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
I am a senior citizen and live in a housing project due to the fact I only receive a small pension. The name on the building says Avondale Apartments, but I call it Avondale Asylum.. I told the folks I was going to have T-shirts made with that name on the front and "Patient 401" [that is my apartment number] and each T-shirt will represent which unit they are in..
I have a big heart. I try to help those less fortunate than me.....
#104... I bought him a color TV and let him make small payments to me, otherwise he looks at the wall… He called me a ****** because I talked to a gay man in the building and threatened to stab me... I called him outside, and he ran to his apt… Then he phoned me to tell me he is going to cut me up and put me in the dumpster where I belong

#608... I bought her a laptop with the small payments and also shared my Netflix for two years. She had hurt her foot and was wearing a brace… My friend and I were talking about the movie The Jerk with Steve Martin… I was acting silly to which she replied "Your making fun of me" Myself and friends try to tell her I was acting out Steve in the movie, but she would not listen… She went door to door in the building trying to get people signatures to have me evicted. She got one signature, but that guy is mentally challenged.

#403.... A lady knocked on my door and told me #403 was stuck in the mud at the front of the building and could I help her. She had taken her dog for a pee but decided to drive into the grass on a wet, snowy day. She has to weigh at least 300lbs, and she didn't even get out of the chair until I told her she had too. I got the chair back onto the sidewalk...drag out the hose and washed off all the mud off her cart and my shoes… Not even 12 hours later, I was coming out of the elevator with two other people, and she was parked right in front of the door. I asked her to back up, so we could get out, and she told me to F*** O** and quit harassing her.

#505... A new girl to the building is in the lounge with a poodle she claims to be a service animal… The sign on the door says no pets allowed, but she would have the right to be there if the dog was in fact a service animal… The dog shit on the floor and does not listen to anything she says… Ya right Service animal I highly doubt it... She says she has the paper work and I ask to see it, which she never did… Next thing we know, she's in there with a bunny rabbit. Now, this one is an emotional support bunny...and she has papers for that too. I called her a liar, and she called the police and told them I hit her. There are video cameras all through the building, so I told the constable to watch the video... Of course the evidence is not there, so I asked that she be charge with 'Enter a police officer into a faults' investigation' The police replied " She is mentally challenged" to which I replied… Well if you know this, why are you at my door… He did not like that...
SO this is what I put up with on a daily basis, but it will not change the man I am. Some of you may understand this..." He that is within me is greater than anything these people can throw at me. So there you have it… Entertainment free of charge and no... I won't buy you car parts on a payment plan....

You are a very helping person Larry, don't let the "Haters" change anything about you!
That's from the heart! :)

Look at this from the brightside...at least you know you'll always be entertained being there LOL

People are strange at any age. They just have more time to perfect the craft when they retire. 😆

Sometimes he places us in the midst of chaos to shine light into otherwise dark corners of the world.

Hang in there and go get yourself a service companion gila monster to introduce to your neighbors…

Thanks for the kind words, Brothers... I was thinking of getting myself an Emotional Support Wolf... don't feed it for a week and let it loose in the building… Just kidding.....maybe a Tarantula or a Rattlesnake, then tell every one it got loose somehow.

Put up some posters with said "tarantula" pictured on it and post it up as "Lost, if found, please notify" ROFL
Let me tell you Larry, the Tarantula's here in the woods of Kansas (yes we have TREES) get HUGE. I spotted one in the middle of the highway that was as big as a dinner plate with its legs in it's normal position. My wifey about **** her pants when I pulled up and stopped and opened the door to take a look (they don't creep me out, so I just wanted to see it). The hairs on the legs of that thing were as big as the hair on my arm (Pretty thick and quite a bit of it, super cool to look at). I spotted a car coming down the road a few miles away so I decided to mosey on and as soon as I touched the gas, that thing jumped from the center of the road to the ditch in one GIANT leap.
I wish we had cell phones back then because I would have several pictures of it! :thumb:
Something like this should work.................

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

See, this is why I'm just a complete a**hole all the time.

Correction,this is why I claim to be a complete a**hole. But if u need help im in my car just as fast as my cripple leg will allow.

Your not the friendly type like good ole Larry? Come on Bud....ROFL

Put up some posters with said "tarantula" pictured on it and post it up as "Lost, if found, please notify" ROFL
Let me tell you Larry, the Tarantula's here in the woods of Kansas (yes we have TREES) get HUGE. I spotted one in the middle of the highway that was as big as a dinner plate with its legs in it's normal position. My wifey about **** her pants when I pulled up and stopped and opened the door to take a look (they don't creep me out, so I just wanted to see it). The hairs on the legs of that thing were as big as the hair on my arm (Pretty thick and quite a bit of it, super cool to look at). I spotted a car coming down the road a few miles away so I decided to mosey on and as soon as I touched the gas, that thing jumped from the center of the road to the ditch in one GIANT leap.
I wish we had cell phones back then because I would have several pictures of it! :thumb:
Something like this should work.................

I think a snake would be scarier LOL

It would be for me. I will make a new exit if a snake and I are in the same room!!!!!!
Spiders, they just don't bother me. Guess I'm lucky. Snakes scare the shit out of me BUT, I will tolerate them if it is under the hood of my car because they don't chew up wires!

Thanks for the kind words, Brothers... I was thinking of getting myself an Emotional Support Wolf... don't feed it for a week and let it loose in the building… Just kidding.....maybe a Tarantula or a Rattlesnake, then tell every one it got loose somehow.
I wanted a dog that would eat your face off for my emotional support dog. I fell in love with a 8lb chiwawa, never looked back. Not a guard dog at all, she'd either lick your face off, or run to daddy and bark at you.

Due to my adult life, starting in the Army, I became an asshole to most people, while somehow retaining the idea that I'm helpful and willing to help in almost any situation. Been taken advantage of plenty, like most everyone else. My current profession has sadly (or amazingly depending on how you look at it) made my lack of caring about what people think or say even worse. It's better in my mind, but my wife says otherwise. Spending 8-16 hrs a day in a prison, getting yelled at, threatened, and any other sort of thing imaginable surely will change anyone's outlook and skew your thoughts to places you may not have thought possible. I'm now numb to what people think, and have zero f@&k$ for anyone's feelings or wellbeing (in prison). Yet on the outside world, when I do finally get to go home for the brief moment it feels like, my attitude doesn't change. It's like everyone outside of prison, should be in it. I try to be nice, like the much younger me, but find it much harder to care that much anymore.

Sometimes you just have to pity people who have probably spent much of their lives ungrateful and bitter at the world. Try not to let them get to you, as it becomes worth it when you find people who appreciate and reciprocate positivity.

Due to my adult life, starting in the Army, I became an asshole to most people, while somehow retaining the idea that I'm helpful and willing to help in almost any situation. Been taken advantage of plenty, like most everyone else. My current profession has sadly (or amazingly depending on how you look at it) made my lack of caring about what people think or say even worse. It's better in my mind, but my wife says otherwise. Spending 8-16 hrs a day in a prison, getting yelled at, threatened, and any other sort of thing imaginable surely will change anyone's outlook and skew your thoughts to places you may not have thought possible. I'm now numb to what people think, and have zero f@&k$ for anyone's feelings or wellbeing (in prison). Yet on the outside world, when I do finally get to go home for the brief moment it feels like, my attitude doesn't change. It's like everyone outside of prison, should be in it. I try to be nice, like the much younger me, but find it much harder to care that much anymore.
You a CO in county jail or actual prison setting?

After reading you post brother i see we have something in common , only difference is we were on different sides of the fence. I spent 6 years in Millhaven Penitentiary Super Maximum in Canada.. I totally see how your heart and mind has been scared by the abuse you put up with on a daily basis. Every guard is a prick and they would shank you in a heartbeat if given the chance. Today..I hold you in the highest respect Sir for your service, All I can do is pray that when you take off the uniform you don't carry the attitude home to your wife and children.
Check that at the door.. My hat is off to you @spyderdrifter ...May you have a Very Merry Christmas. ....Peace and Goodwill... Larry an X-con

You a CO in county jail or actual prison setting?
State Prison, almost maximum security.

After reading you post brother i see we have something in common , only difference is we were on different sides of the fence. I spent 6 years in Millhaven Penitentiary Super Maximum in Canada.. I totally see how your heart and mind has been scared by the abuse you put up with on a daily basis. Every guard is a prick and they would shank you in a heartbeat if given the chance. Today..I hold you in the highest respect Sir for your service, All I can do is pray that when you take off the uniform you don't carry the attitude home to your wife and children.
Check that at the door.. My hat is off to you @spyderdrifter ...May you have a Very Merry Christmas. ....Peace and Goodwill... Larry an X-con
Lucky for me, my drive home isn't exactly short, so I have a decent amount of time to diffuse and vent. I promised myself as a kid long ago that I would never bring my work home. So far, decades later, I've always upheld that promise.

I also know being on the side you were, isn't the easiest thing either. You did your time, and made it out, so that says a lot too. :thumb:

I was raised by alcoholic parents ...dad would come home from the bar and beat my mom up for no reason other than he was drunk...yet he taught me to never hit a woman...
At a very early age I became a thief and was sent to a boys home at the age of 7... When I turned 16 I was sent to a reformatory for young adults. At 19, I escaped the reformatory and with the added time was sent to a super maximum penitentiary...I was 19...very handsome with hair going down my back... One fellow said I reminded him of his wife… My only reply was "Well she must be an ugly bi***" and all the other guys laughed … I think that saved my ass, if you know what I mean. I became very hard… Ready to kill anyone that messed with me. I was released when I was 26... the attitude from prison stayed with me for many years.
In the year 2005 Jesus found me and changed my life around.... On July 13th/2014 I was baptized in the name of the Father the Son and The Holy Spirit... The person I was died that day, and I became a new man. I don't claim to be perfect, and I know I could never be, but I have a very compassionate heart and can feel others pain, sometimes this can be my downfall. I know I can't save the world, but when I see a man or woman lying on the street, my heart goes out to them. I will not give them money for fear they will use it to buy drugs, but I will feed them and tell them that Jesus loves them just as much as he does me... Some will listen, while others tell me to stick my religion up my ass... I am not religious…I am a Christian and there is a difference …
I go to a Pentecostal Church but don't claim I am Pentecostal.... Baptist... Catholic or any other denomination... I believe in Jesus and His Word... Simple...
@spyderdrifter .... those men you guard are in their own pain… Do something nice for one of them... blow their minds ...watch how their attitude towards you changes… I pray for understanding and protection over you... May God Bless you and keep you safe while you serve your country... Much Respect

State Prison, almost maximum security.
I was just curious. I’ve seen the lawlessness and complete lack of respect for CO’s in county jail. It’s almost a no brainier as to why many of those people are in there. But once I got to state prison, almost all of that behavior disappeared. It was simply not tolerated.
Living in that environment was a complete eye opener to that way of thinking (criminal thinking). I’m so glad that part of my life is in my past.

Last edited:
Sadly, with the way things are going, what was once not tolerated, is being seen as normal. There's very few of us that try to uphold "the law", while trying to be fair and not resort to "use of force" (unless necessary) as a first response. I've been sprayed in the face with OC, in training and in the line of "duty". Not fun, so I know it sure as hell isn't fun for anyone we have to spray. There's still a big lack of respect for most CO's on state prison (not as much as county as I've heard from others too), but there's some prisoners, inmates, offenders (whichever they are called elsewhere) who actually do have respect for the c4ap we deal with. I give the same respect I get. Makes things simpler in the long run.

It's interesting to hear the backstory for some of the members. I think it's safe to say that cars are therapy for most of us.

I started out using cars as an outlet to get myself in trouble, then switched to using them to run away from trouble. Now I use my cars to relax and take the rest of the world off my mind.

The world has always been a crazy place, and only gets worse. Sometimes I just need to go out on a back road and haul ass to forget about everything. If I break something, I'm more happy than sad or mad, because then I get to devote more of my time wrenching on the car, which also helps me forget.

Here...let me lie down on this couch... it all began when I was a little boy. I saw my dad smile when I took an interest watching him work on cars. Before long I knew the names and sizes of all the different wrenches...pliers ...ECT... Since I was young I have had a real fascination with anything automotive related. We had an oval track in town and dad would always take me there. He would let me drive out on the country back roads ( mostly because he was pissed to the gills ) I got into bracket racing and did pretty good... Then as I got older, I liked the car shows. I have built a few and now have my Missbitchy... I mean Mitsubishi. I only have a few more things to do ...vents in my side skirts …rear bumper lip …stuff like that, and then she will be ready for my custom paint job. I really admire some cool cars on here including yours BLACK'98DSM
Here's a sneak peek at the custom paint job I'm dreaming about..

P.S I remember once I was working on my Camaro when the old lady began to yell at me.. You play with that car more than you do me… I said " Right ..that's why your not pregnant, and we have twelve kids..

Honestly most of the people I interact with don’t bug me. I can handle whatever they throw at me because you’re not really you when you’re in pain, or have an altered mental status or worried about your sick kid or unconscious partner or etc. even the times I’ve had calls where I needed to respond to a prisoner/inmate injury, not many issues.

I find myself bugged more by the jaded ass coworkers I have that seem to all have been cut from the same cloth. If you hate your job so much that you start hating the people you’re supposed to be serving or helping, quit. Life is too short and jobs are WAY too common right now to be stuck somewhere that makes you miserable. Do what you love or at least what you like. It shows in your work and your personality.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back